New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

20 valid post minimum

Started by Tsukiyomi-sakura, April 16, 2010, 07:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsukiyomi-sakura

Quote from: JetJumper on April 17, 2010, 06:50:54 PM
On the topic of classifieds, I think they need to be pruned :|  lol.

Sorry to necromancy this but please hold off on cleaning it up, Information I have posted and things I have bought that were stolen are valuable to my court case and I need them intact as evidence. :)

JetJumper

Quote from: Tsukiyomi-sakura on June 16, 2010, 02:46:05 PM
Sorry to necromancy this but please hold off on cleaning it up, Information I have posted and things I have bought that were stolen are valuable to my court case and I need them intact as evidence. :)

Take Screen shots! Just in case.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Nerine

you should take some screen shots and print them out!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Darth

yes post counts sound great but lets not forget that its not just sellers that can prove to be no good, what about buyers I have had issues with someone who on 3 different occasions said he was going to stop by and pick something up, taking my time, when I call he acts like he doesn't know anything about the mis-communications, so we st another date and I wait home and again no show. So even though a post count may be a great alternative again it is not just the sellers that may be shady. The classifieds brought me here, the hobby kept me here. I have been out of the hobby for about a year now and still cruise this site. So the whole classifieds for members only took me back a bit. The biggest draw back I can see that you have to pm the seller is to ask questions, if 10 people pm with the same question it can be a pain for the seller to reply to everyone, as if they could post their question and the seller post his/her answer it could save a lot of people who had a similar question and save the seller a lot of pointless pms

washefuzzy

It's up to the seller to be thorough in setting up his add. Iif he has all the proper info than he won't be asked the same question over and over, not to mention he can always go back to his add and add the info people keep asking.

Darth

true enough, and I agree that paying for a membership is a small price to pay to post your items, or inquiries. As I said before other sites charge a fee for helping to sell, or they are bombarded with ads to help pay for the web hosting. $20 a year plus all the perks that come with it ie discounts at some retailers is pennies a day. This prevents people coming here just to sell something and leave. I for one have found a wealth of info here that has helped me in the hobby, and once my tank is up and running again (as soon as I see on in the classifieds for sale 40-50 gal with stand *hint*) I too will rejoin my membership. Great place great site, well worth the $

Tsukiyomi-sakura

Quote from: JetJumper on June 16, 2010, 02:51:52 PM
Take Screen shots! Just in case.

I do have them But as evidance screen shots can be photo shopped.

dan2x38

By holding down the right mouse button then moving the crusor over the entire forum window you can copy the contents. Then open Word or similar and paste the clipboard contents. For every page in the board you want to copy open that page repeat the process. Make sure your cursor is at the end of the page in Word before pasting new contents.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Zoe

I've never been a fan of 'minimum posts' requirements to use classified ads.  I don't think they increase traffic in a particularly useful way and just increase the number of posts without substance.

The only person I was ripped off by was someone who is a fairly active member here (well, his screen name was somewhat known to me and he has a number of posts).  Never had a problem with "ghost" sellers :P

White Lightning

Quote from: washefuzzy on June 16, 2010, 04:45:06 PM
It's up to the seller to be thorough in setting up his add. Iif he has all the proper info than he won't be asked the same question over and over, not to mention he can always go back to his add and add the info people keep asking.

I have had to do this....kept getting the same question over and over again before I clued in and figured that it was time to edit my original ad.