New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tropica

Started by freshfishies, September 12, 2010, 07:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freshfishies

I sent an email (as I can never get them on the phone) so I just need to hear back for definite answers :)
I was looking through the assortment tonight and I have no idea how I'm going to choose!  :D

freshfishies

Sounds like December is a better time to order from them, and it may? be cheaper then too.
I am waiting to hear back on the prices of each plant & clarification on how many need to be ordered.
The shipping is up to us, who we want to use. Anyone know what company is cheapest to ship with?
So the shipment will probably be about a week from the time they receive the order from us.

zima

I am not sure about the company we used in past - RebeccaB might remember? We should not be cheap about the shipping - it needs to happen overnight at the most since it's December (minus however much) and live plants we're talking about!

freshfishies

Hey everyone.
Finally have all the details!
-80 assorted; usually 5-10 of any given species BUT if we can get at least 5 of one plant than he said he can do it, unless the plant isn't available at the time, than he will let us know so we can fill it in with something else. (make sense?)
-each plant is around $6 (but ranges from 4.50-9.50) It just depends on how 'exotic' the plant is. Like Java Moss for example would be 4.50 because it's so easy.

So what it breaks down to (approximately)
Plant total = $480
Shipping = $50
Divided by however many people are involved.
I haven't checked on the actual price of shipping, but I assumed it would be around 50$ now, and probably double for overnight shipping in winter. I can look further into it it looks like we will have a large enough order. :)

If we can get this put together before the snow flies and it gets too cold, than it will be cheaper ;)

freshfishies

Thanks Dorrie!
Just put up my picks for now....miiiiight be adding to it as the time gets closer  :D

TLe041

I'd like to join in with this and order a sizeable amount of plants, but I'm hoping to get it sooner rather than later. Is there a definite deadline for this group order or just a goal of "before the snow flies and it gets too cold"?
Tony

jetstream

I guess we can go ahead as soon as we reach the min order that set by the dealer. Min. or multiple of 5 of each type of plant and 80 pots all together.  ;)

Dorrie

Quote from: freshfishies on September 30, 2010, 03:12:54 PM
we'll get this order rolling as soon as we have approx. 80+ plants.  :D
Jazz

I guess if you join in with a sizeable amount, we'll reach our goal faster :)

But there is no fixed deadline as far as I know. You may want to PM Jasmine aka freshfishies for more details, as she is organizing the order.

Toss

75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

sas

I'm sooooo pleased I've got a very good friend to play
plant sitter til I or hubby can get to Ottawa. :)

Now to go shopping,

Finally added a few, will add more when I can make a decision ::).

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pKMk3DjJLYQL-WN4JaKZbHg#gid=0

Dorrie

Hi!
Made little boxes to *hopefully* encompass quantities better.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pKMk3DjJLYQL-WN4JaKZbHg#gid=0
Also substituted Hygrophila corymbosa 'Siamensis 53B' for Cardamine lyrata, because I found some really nice Cardamine at La Niche :) They've also got some very bushy Egeria densa.

magnosis

Count me in.  Will go over my wish list tonight and update the spreadsheet.

What's the approximated ETA ?

sas

Wow the order is at 45 plants already :).

bojon

I'm wondering if this order has been placed yet, or is too late? I read through all the replies, and seems like the order may be placed sometimes in Dec, is that true? I just want to make sure the date because I won't be in town during the Christmas session, and if that is the ETA, I may just pass. Thanks!

freshfishies

Hey all!
Yep the order is still open, and we would ideally like it to be ready NOW!, but we have to make the minimum first ;)

bojon

Hi freshfishies, I don't know if I read it correctly about the order requirement.

Is it that the min number of plants in total has to be 80, AND, each type of plants must have at least 5, or multiple of 5? If this is case, it will be very difficult to make it, as people are looking for different types of plants... :-\

thx again

freshfishies

Quote from: bojon on October 26, 2010, 12:55:03 PM
Hi freshfishies, I don't know if I read it correctly about the order requirement.

Is it that the min number of plants in total has to be 80, AND, each type of plants must have at least 5, or multiple of 5? If this is case, it will be very difficult to make it, as people are looking for different types of plants... :-\

thx again

yeah that's the deal. The gentleman I spoke with actually had raised the prices/quantities needed to complete the order, so I had to negotiate with him to get the same pricing, etc. as the last time the club did an order. I agree that it will be difficult, but we are halfway there already.

The only other option is to get approximately 10 or more people who are willing to throw money down on the order and get the company to just send 80 random plants.

bojon

hey freshfishies, thanks for your quick reply.

But I think we are not even half way, only 1/4 of the way. Because there are actually 2 conditions. 1) is a min of 80 plants. 2) is that each type of plant must be multiple of 5. Based on what we have now, there is only 4 types of plants can satisfy the 2nd requirement. So, this mean we only have 20 valid plants order so far... many other type of plant has only 1 or 2 order which cannot fulfill the requirement..that is why I said it is hard to achieve if we need to achieve both 1 and 2, unless I misunderstood it  :-\

btw, thanks for organizing this...

freshfishies

DEADLINE is November 20, and then I can take what we have to the gentleman and see if anything can be done. I'm not counting on it though, so everyone who is interested please submit your orders!!!