New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

55 gal + 20 gal + 20 gal le cheap

Started by nissannx, September 22, 2010, 12:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nissannx

nissannx

as well as these fans to cool everything down

nissannx

final pictures for now. Waiting for some thermal adhesieve to arrive to start mounting the led's

nissannx

I have one fixture up and running. Just waiting for the cooling fans and optics to come in but it is up and running. I have it running at max 500 ma.

nissannx

this is my test tank. Salt water mollies!!!

nissannx

just got the optics in from the mail. just doubled the brightness  very impressed

JetJumper

I ordered similar optics as you did and get the 60degree ones for my  Maxspect unit.  I find it is very fine now and almost seems like they sent me 40degrees or less instead of 60's.  I would be curious to see how the beam looks from your unit when you get a minute to snap some pictures.

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

nissannx

when i have the light directly on the aquarium it is very focused when i have it 6 inches above, it is nicely spaced out. now this test is on my small 12 led light. i dont have my larger 24 led light setup yet. i am also waiting for my fans. with teh leds on the lowest setting you cant even feel them, with them cranked up they get warm to the touch. doesn't burn but pretty warm.