New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

A Couple of Questions.

Started by Saltcreep, September 25, 2010, 09:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saltcreep

1) How is it that a 'Guest' can be doing 'nothing, or nothing you can see' when I list the active users page?

2) Can we now reply to ads in 'Looking For'? Something new for members? I don't see a reply tab on my page.

I also noticed that when someone posts at five minutes past midnight, the time stamp will show 12:05 AM, Today. When someone posts eleven hours later it shows as 11:05 AM, Today. Shouldn't the early morning post have a time of 00:05 AM, Today?

Just wondering.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brent Shaver

You can reply to a LF ad.  you have to go right into the ad in question to read it then you will see the reply tab,

Fishnut

I think there's a bit of confusion on the time stamps.  They're correct.  Here's how I see it anyways:

The newer posts are at the top.  There's a post in the photo that was placed at 11:something AM Today, then the one above that says it was posted at 12:something PM today.  So one person posted just before noon and the other person posted just after noon.

Interesting point on the Guest though...

mseguin

I can't remember the full range of actions that can be "Nothing yuo can see", I think more than not its just something to do with one of the modules that somehow the software recognizes. Fischkopp or garnpet may be better able to answer.

Saltcreep

Quote from: Brent Shaver on September 25, 2010, 09:08:25 PM
You can reply to a LF ad.  you have to go right into the ad in question to read it then you will see the reply tab,

Not me. I just went right into the ad and there's no reply tab.

Saltcreep

Quote from: Fishnut on September 25, 2010, 09:11:29 PM
I think there's a bit of confusion on the time stamps.  They're correct.  Here's how I see it anyways:

The newer posts are at the top.  There's a post in the photo that was placed at 11:something AM Today, then the one above that says it was posted at 12:something PM today.  So one person posted just before noon and the other person posted just after noon.

Interesting point on the Guest though...

I didn't show a very good example there. I guess it's just splitting hairs. It just seems strange that a post in the first hour of the day shows 12:xx AM, Today, and two hours later another post will show 02:xx AM, Today - same date. I'll just let that one go though, it's starting to hurt my brain.

JetJumper

Quote from: Saltcreep on September 25, 2010, 09:23:19 PM
Not me. I just went right into the ad and there's no reply tab.

I think you have to have member status.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

robt18

No one, regardless of membership status, is supposed to be replying to LF ads, I imagine this will be fixed shortly.

The AM/PM comment is because its not on military time, so 12AM is the first hour of the day, then it goes to 1AM. 1PM is not listed as 1300h.

Rob

garnpet

In the classified sections (FS, LF, FF) only the original poster who is an OVAS member can reply to (ie. bump) their ads.  If you wish to inquire about an ad you can send the original poster a PM.

As for the time thing, we are using the 12 hour clock format so the time goes from 1-12 am or pm.  To get 00 we need to be using the 24 hour time format.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><