New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

150 peninsula

Started by salvini55, September 29, 2010, 03:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookup

that last photo is killer...  8)

Severum

Based on your rendition are you not planning to have any fish in your tank? If you are please include several figure 8 fish drawings. Thank you.  :)
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

salvini55

10 4

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vincenzo.

Severum

Amazing! I see 2 schools of chromis, a royal gramma, 2 clownfish, a naso tang, a flame angel and an unidentified one.
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

salvini55

Im afraid there has been some false advertising, I measured the tank hieght realising I hadn't yet and its 26" not 30". I guess I just took the guys word for it and never checked for myself... so its actually 162 gallons  ;D which is good news for me because I was worried I would have to upgrade my lighting system which I dont wanna do.

And I can get the SRO 3000int instead of the 5000int and save $100. Cant wait to see that buble blaster in action ;) Im sure the wife will be happy about that aswell as the savings in salt.

Now I just have to convince her that a sohol tang only costs $40 if you buy an achillies tang for $50

salvini55

going on no sleep and the apartment looks like a war zone but the reef is down and in rubbermaids. Only a few burrowing snails didnt make the transfer. Rock is cooking but there is alot of tuff algae on it, I think its a variant of bubble algae, so it will take a few weeks to cook. Loading up the stand and taking it to the east end today after some sleep where all the wood is cut to size ready to be put together. Im hopeing to get most if not all the plumbing done on the new tank today but i doubt it will go as planned.

Still have to get the skimmer, I hear its arrived but havent had the time to pick it up yet. Still need some other odds and ends like sand, carbon, GFO, nutrient reducing pellets and TLF reactor. The list prolly goes on but my brain is mush right now  ;D

I got some photos and will take more later today and if I have any energy left I will try and post them tonight.

salvini55

Im at a loss for words right now but im back at square one. Long story short the tank was dropped. The guy that was helping me lift it onto the stand dropped it when his hand got cut on the edge of the glass. On top of that when I left the house i had a parking ticket on my car. Looks like I may end up getting that miracles after all.

On the bright side, the stand is done
some pics

[attachment deleted by admin]

ordi260

Oh nooo!!!  Bummer  :o
So sorry this happenned...i can't imagine that happenning to me  :-\

Such a nice start!

Keep up the good work tho!

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

salvini55

thats how the cookie crumbles

Hookup

Very sorry man...  That is no fun at all!  Hop no one was seriously hurt

HomerJ

Noooooooooooooooo!  Sorry to hear that...  :-(  I guess you'll be keeping my drill bits a little bit longer?  :-S  No rush, really.

Tomorrow is a new day...

salvini55

Quote from: HomerJ on October 23, 2010, 11:56:34 PM
Noooooooooooooooo!  Sorry to hear that...  :-(  I guess you'll be keeping my drill bits a little bit longer?  :-S  No rush, really.

Tomorrow is a new day...

haha that is what i was just thinking... Im gonna need to drill another tank if thats fine with you.

The cut wasnt too bad, ugly, but not too deep. It could have been worse. There was only 3 feet left to go in order to get it on the stand, soooooooooo close!  ::)

White Lightning

That sucks Kev sorry to hear about the luck. Why did you get a parking ticket?

salvini55

I parked beside the "no parking past this point" sign  ::)

JetJumper

Sorry to hear that.... That was my dreaded thoughts moving my tall cube yesterday as well. 

How many panels are not broken?  Is it just the backside and bottom broke?  Picture is a little hard to make out.
Then again I don't know if you would want to trust the rest of the pieces after having stress like that put on them.

Hope your buddy is okay!
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

HomerJ

Quote from: salvini55 on October 24, 2010, 12:11:27 AM
haha that is what i was just thinking... Im gonna need to drill another tank if thats fine with you.

Totally.  Keep them for as long as you need them.

salvini55

Quote from: HomerJ on October 24, 2010, 10:50:37 AM
Totally.  Keep them for as long as you need them.

you are the man

Quote from: JetJumper on October 24, 2010, 10:27:42 AM
Sorry to hear that.... That was my dreaded thoughts moving my tall cube yesterday as well. 

How many panels are not broken?  Is it just the backside and bottom broke?  Picture is a little hard to make out.
Then again I don't know if you would want to trust the rest of the pieces after having stress like that put on them.

Hope your buddy is okay!

yep just the bottom pane as well as the pane that was drilled. crummy cell phone pic. I dont have the balls to rebuild this tank, Im gonna use the two 5 foot panels to make table tops for a bar in our new home when its built.

Severum

I'm sorry to see that happen. So much work put in so far only have it break like that.Keep your head up!
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

Saltcreep

Quote from: salvini55 on October 24, 2010, 01:07:19 PM
you are the man

yep just the bottom pane as well as the pane that was drilled. crummy cell phone pic. I dont have the balls to rebuild this tank, Im gonna use the two 5 foot panels to make table tops for a bar in our new home when its built.

Have you considered a plywood bottom and end panel?  Lots of info online and esay to drill.