New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

150 peninsula

Started by salvini55, September 29, 2010, 03:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbelly

An L shaped tank would be pretty sweet for a tank in your bedroom!

salvini55

that it would... Im not gonna push my luck though  ;D

salvini55

The trochus snails have spawned again! Ive counted about 16 new baby's. I think my skimmer is really pulling the spawn out of the water and that may be why im not seeing as many.

salvini55

Its official, amanda and i are moving to Toronto in august. I will be moving the reef with me. Hopefully i wont make the same mistake as last time and kill everything. I found out about this a day after i added a powder blue tang, copperband butterfly and a blonde naso tang!!!! Im gonna miss u folks!

Hookup

All the best with the move and good luck it Toronto.  Maybe a bigger tank for a bigger city???

Severum

Oh no. It sucks to hear you're leaving town. Where will we now get our supply of trochus snails and clever photoshops from?

All the best with your new oppotunities though!
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

salvini55

Thanks Tim, and thanks for all the help over the years! I doubt I will be getting a larger tank... Ill need all the space I can get!

Thanks Steve, It was a pleasure sharing the hobby with you. I'll still peek in every now and then, if you are lucky I will make a nice photoshop pic for you or maybe even some rapping  :)

Severum

Oh and don't forget frag-a-lot orders...  ;)

BTW, I looked for the rap battle thread and couldn't find it. I think it was in a forum thats no longer around. Can a mod bring that thread back? It was truly da bomb shiznit.

Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

salvini55

Hey guys, thought I would update for ya.

I lost everything in a power outage back in august while I was away in Toronto for a few days but yet again, I have rebuilt.

Here are some photos of the tank. enjoy :)

Stussi613

Those pictures are nuts!!
I haz reef tanks.

salvini55

Haha thanks. I bought myself a canon 60d 2 weeks ago. The first three sets are from the dslr and the fourth set is from my olympus point and shoot. :)

Stussi613

Quote from: salvini55 on November 28, 2012, 12:58:18 PM
Haha thanks. I bought myself a canon 60d 2 weeks ago. The first three sets are from the dslr and the fourth set is from my olympus point and shoot. :)

Macro lens?  Would love some details on your method for these pics, magazine quality for sure.
I haz reef tanks.

salvini55

The coral shots were taken with a Tamron 90mm 2.8f macro either handheld top down or on tripod through the glass. The fish shots are taken handheld with a Canon 18-200mm IS zoom lens.