New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Standalone/controllable LED driver/ballasts

Started by fischkopp, October 16, 2010, 04:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischkopp

Did anyone hear about eldoLED? They have an interesting series of LED drivers. Something worth looking at if you are planing your own DIY LED project. I like the POWERdrive AC in particular. It's a ballast style LED driver with 100W power available for 4 independently dimmable LED chains. You can program it to run your light scenarios as stand alone unit, or you can use any of todays common interfaces to remote control it. I am planning to use DALI for this in combination with my ProfiLux.

Originally I planned on building my own system, using LED drivers with 0-10V interface, like the Recom RCD-24-1.20, that would have 4 independent chains with white, warmwhite/yellow, red and blue LED's to simulate different colour temperatures throughout day and night. But the POWERdrive AC will package it quite nicely and provides on top a digital remote interface, rather than an analog one. So it will keep the 10V outputs of the ProfiLux free for other neat things, while saving me the trouble of building my own circuitry.

Anyway, I plan to order one of these cool drivers next week and was wondering if anyone wants to join in to lower the overall costs. Doesn't have to be the same model, check out the other drivers and pick the one that suits your application best. We can also group up for an order of LEDs from another source.

If any of the local vendors think that the can get this baby (but not any other ordinary ballast) any cheaper than advertised on their website feel free to contact me.

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

JetJumper

Very nice find.

QuoteHigh power output and flexibility
POWERdrive 106 has a 100W power output. Furthermore,
each LED output can be set to any value between 200mA and
1,050mA in 50mA steps, providing you with all the flexibility
you need to drive your LED application.

You can run 32~ Cree 3w LEDS with this model you are looking at. 

Looks like a fun project.  Unfortunately I cannot get in on this no cash for now, but I would love to see how this works for you.

I ordered some of these not to long ago however for something else.
http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-Driver-Power-Supply-Recessed-Ceiling-Light-18W-/320500836132?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4a9f56a724#ht_3547wt_905

Still waiting to hook it all up though.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.