New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

March/April POTM - Aquarium Chaos

Started by charlie, March 01, 2018, 07:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

The months of March and April theme is "Aquarium Chaos "  ;)
Show us your not so nice tanks, let`s have some fun
Extended to the end of April

Gilbotron

How's this for chaos?  This is what my fishroom looked like the morning after my 120 sprung a leak (note the large empty tank!).

Top left tank was empty before the leak (was in process of designing a scape), so it became holding tank for all my anubias covered driftwood and loaches.  Then all the other plants, fish, etc. were placed in the 4 buckets and large tote on the floor. 

The real "chaos" was the mess of wires on the desk (4 power bars plugged into a single outlet to keep all the filters and heaters going) and the fact that I had to downsize 120 gallons of fish into ~60gallons of water!  To add insult to injury, my re-homed Bolivian Rams completely trashed the scape in the 10 on the right side of the desk shortly after this pic was taken.

Saving grace: Only 1 casualty - a panda garra that decided the bucket wasn't good enough for him.

Kalinkacat

Here is my 30 Gallon.  This was once filled with Vallisnerias but then the hair algae came and this is all that is left.  Even the snails died (but I'm ok with that part).  Redoing it as a temporary until the 55 Gallon is set up.  Apologies for the reflection from the other window but I forgot to pull the blind.

missavgp

here is my 25 tall after removing the massive clump of moss from the tree. I should have taken a before picture.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

matttimms49

Cat 'helps' with water change/maintenance  :)

Black_Rose

Quote from: matttimms49 on March 31, 2018, 01:14:24 PM
Cat 'helps' with water change/maintenance  :)
Our eldest cat holds the title "Director of aquarium maintenance".

Her main task is chasing bubbles in the python hose.

charlie

We will extend the contest until the end of April , so please post away  ;)

matttimms49

charlie