New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

(pluming fittings) where to buy?

Started by fortunateson, November 16, 2010, 02:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fortunateson

I just recently bought a UV sterilizer. The inlet and out let are 1/4" is there anyone who knows where I could pick up some fittings that would make the 1/4" into 1/2"? As it would create less hassle for connecting to the pump as most pumps are 1/2"

Thanks

Brent Shaver

Any store that carries plumbing supplies.  They will come with the glue type or rubber that is hose clamped and these also hold well.

JetJumper

Home Hardware has the stuff you need. :)
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

androo303

HomeDepot. I just build a DIY spray bar for my Rena XP3 Filstar canister filter. It costed me about $20, but it was all modifiable and scalable for later down the road. They are all screw fitting.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

omarh

or boone plumbing.  i never had any luck with HD, or homehardware. Lowes has a better selection but i went to boone (as it was closer to my place in kanata)

redbelly

Fish Tails now has a nice selection of plumbing but I think it only went as small as 1/2" so you might have to rig something up between home depot and there.

az

home depot if not pvc plus, dont waste time anywhere else.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Hookup

Lowes has some of the best selection... currently only open in orleans, so pick your poison, but they have the best selection of white schedule 40 PVC in town that I have found...

PVCPLUS is awesome for parts, good guy (John) he has business hours that can make it hard to get to... ;)

JetJumper

There is supposed to be a lowes in Kanata open or soon to open?  Near Terry Fox.  I need to check that out I think maybe at lunch today to see when it opens..

As for Homedepot... sorry but their selection SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!  They don't have anything compared to lowes.  PVC Plus I think sells mostly Sched 80 stuff which is crazy expensive.  Sched 40 PVC is cheaper for sure and best selection I have found to date is Lowes.

I have also ordered lots of stuff using Home Hardware.

As for adapting 1/2 down to 1/4 then back to 1/2 you are going to loose a lot of flow due to the size reduction.  might want to get a 'Y' that goes from 1/2 to 2 x 1/4 and split it half into the UV and Half just to another 'Y' on the other end.  So you don't loose flow if it has to go to other hardware.

Saltcreep

Quote from: JetJumper on November 17, 2010, 11:24:56 AM
There is supposed to be a lowes in Kanata open or soon to open?  Near Terry Fox.  I need to check that out I think maybe at lunch today to see when it opens..

It's on the north side of Hazeldean, closer to Huntmar than Terry Fox. Believe me, you can't miss it. They had their job fair last Thursday and Friday so I expect they'll be open soon. Very close to me and I can't wait.

fortunateson

Thanks for all the responses much appreciated

Hookup

HomeDepot on Baseline is hit and miss... some stuff for sure, but typically not everything...

HomeDepot on Barrhaven has a good selection of 1/2 - 1" standard pieces... but 1.5" stuff is not there at all... (even in electrical conduit section)

I have a silly amount of PVC at my house from the rebuild project... pretty much whatever you might need, other than 1.5" pieces which i used up and people already took what i had... but in 3/4 and 1/2" an 1" I have loads, including reducers, threaded to slip... etc.. I also have bulkheads, and ball valves ...

shoot me a PM, maybe I've already got what you need...  who knows.

JetJumper

Quote from: Saltcreep on November 17, 2010, 11:30:02 AM

It's on the north side of Hazeldean, closer to Huntmar than Terry Fox. Believe me, you can't miss it. They had their job fair last Thursday and Friday so I expect they'll be open soon. Very close to me and I can't wait.

Just drove by at lunch since I work near the Scotia Bank Place (God I hate calling it that)  Still lots of construction in the area too.  But yeah, they are not open yet.  I didn't see a sign saying when :(