New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Spencer Jack Group Order

Started by Stussi613, November 30, 2010, 12:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stussi613

I'm thinking of doing an order from Spencer Jack for some cardinal and rummynose Tetra's in the next few weeks.  Is anyone else interested in anything?

Here's a recent price list, please reply if you're game.

http://cichlaholic.com/pdf/November%2023.pdf
I haz reef tanks.

Stussi613

Quote from: robt18 on November 30, 2010, 01:58:52 PM
I assume we're aiming to hit the free shipping level? If not, what does the $30 flat rate mean? per box?

If so, I'd be in for 8 Longfin albino bushynose, anyone else wanna get some to get the price break at 12? (goes to $7 each)

Rob

I'm not sure we'll be able to hit the free shipping level at $600.00.  What I would do is split the cost of the shipping ($30.00 packing fee for the whole order and roughly $13.00 per box if I calculated correctly) amongst the people ordering.  I just got off the phone with Spencer and he has a new order of plants coming in tomorrow, as well as an updated list of fish coming out tonight.  I told him that it was a group order for the club and he's willing to hold anything we ask him for up to 6 days.

For those of you thinking about Cardinals he said the Medium sized ones are all he has in right now, they're from Columbia and the nicest ones he's ever seen.

I'll post the updated price list tonight when it comes out.
I haz reef tanks.

Stussi613

Got the following from Papdul by PM, want to make sure that others see it in case they want to group up for discounts.

Pemba Orange Flame   ALL 9 remaining  $ 15.00
Red Empress        I would take  6  at $ 5.00
I haz reef tanks.

Stussi613

Updated stock list as of this evening.  Lot's of new plants coming in tomorrow, everything new is listed in pink.

http://cichlaholic.com/pdf/November%2030.pdf

How long should we leave the decision open until?  I'd like to order in the next week, but not sure if that's feasible for everyone...
I haz reef tanks.

Cbellehumeur

I'm going to give them a call today to ask they about the koi and i'll get back to you ...maybe with an order.

ajm1961

I'd like to be in for a dozen Cardinal Tetras, but it depends on how many tetras we get total for the price break (hopefully at least 21+) and the shipping costs.
Let me know what the cost may be.
Andre
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Stussi613

Quote from: ajm1961 on December 01, 2010, 12:24:12 PM
I'd like to be in for a dozen Cardinal Tetras, but it depends on how many tetras we get total for the price break (hopefully at least 21+) and the shipping costs.
Let me know what the cost may be.
Andre

I'm probably going to get 40, and Jay is looking for 24 so we'd end up getting the 50-124 discount break on the cardinals at least.  There's potentially 6 people on the order so far, best case we are looking at 1 box (I won't know until I know what people are actually ordering) which would be $43 in shipping, or $7 per person.  With 6 people on the order each extra box would be around $2 per person.  Obviously the more people we have the cheaper the shipping :D

Right now I'm going to order the following:

40 Cardinals
15 Rummynose
2  Moss Balls
I haz reef tanks.

Aquaviewer

I'm in for 5 Blue Rams, and 10 Corydoras punctatus depending on the price he quotes on those.

If it helps get the numbers up for a better price I could also get a bunch of Rummy nose tetras.

Chris
Rainbows, plecos, corydoras, killifish, Apistogramma

ajm1961

OK - if we're into the 50-124 price break for medium sized cardinals, it looks like we're getting them at $1.75 - that's a great deal. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
I'll take 24 then.
Let me know how it all works out (where and when we meet to get them)
I can send you my coordinates via PM

Cbellehumeur

sorry i can't get ahold of them..i'll keep trying. my order was only going to be about $50 anyway. i'll trying calling every 30 mins, lol.

Stussi613

Quote from: Cbellehumeur on December 03, 2010, 08:08:28 AM
sorry i can't get ahold of them..i'll keep trying. my order was only going to be about $50 anyway. i'll trying calling every 30 mins, lol.

He emailed me yesterday and said he was out of town, you can probably get a hold of him today...

I think I'm going to place the order on Thur next week for delivery next Fri so if anyone is still thinking you have until next Wednesday to let me know what you want, at that time I'll post the total for shipping so we know what the cost per person is. I'll pay for the order and everyone can pay me when the stuff comes in, cash only please. It will arrive in Ottawa in the afternoon so pick up will have to be Friday evening. I'm in Kanata, but I can pick a spot that would be central for everyone to meet up and do the exchange if required.

Stuart
I haz reef tanks.

mseguin

Just thought I'd point he also has Dwarf Gouramis, sold in 1 M 3 F groups. Female Dwarf Gouamis are hard to find these days. If I had room I'd be picking up some of those.

Cbellehumeur

I'll take 5 butterfly koi i'll pm with more info

Stussi613

Guys, I'm really sorry, but I just found out I can get the cardinals and rummynose locally so I'm going to save the money on the shipping. If you still want to do the order I can set you up with Spencer...
I haz reef tanks.

ajm1961

No problem, I just found out the same source! Picking up Cardinals there as well...

nissannx

Stussi613

I haz reef tanks.

Cbellehumeur

anyone eles going through with an order?