New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

clownfish

Started by Darth, December 10, 2010, 04:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth

so I have these 2 clowns I bought a few months ago, they were bought as false percs, but they are getting kind of black now is this normal? I posted some before and after pics
this when I first got them (well one of them)

the same fish now about 3 months later

and the both together

as you can see they are getting quite black, everything in the tank is doing fine my first thought was these are not false percs, but I don't get the black that is starting

ordi260

Are they young?  If so maybe they sold you onyx clowns instead (wich would be kind of cool IMO).

If they are indeed they would develop a full black bar where they are starting to get black. (Given good food / water parameters...)

So my vote goes for they are onyx clowns getting their coloration!  :D

FYI here are some pics of my pair of onyx:

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

Darth

yes they are young, they were very small when I get them, onyx clowns would be cool, I feel I can safely say they are def not false percs which is cool since I paid for false percs

Darth

I think I might have gotten lucky and got some onyx clowns, wow lots of good news today for me, had a monti I thought was competely dead, and have seen a new branch starting to grow and now I may have some onyx clowns merry xmas to me