New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

aplogies for downtime

Started by artw, September 20, 2005, 11:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

we would like to apologise to our members for the brief period of downtime this morning. apparently there was a problem with our server and it had to be rebooted.

hopefully it wont happen again.

Art

Nelson

Quote from: "artw"we would like to apologise to our members for the brief period of downtime this morning. apparently there was a problem with our server and it had to be rebooted.

hopefully it wont happen again.

Art

BRIEF :shock:   I was starting to feel like a $500/day junkie stranded on a deserted island :lol:

Aiglos

I have to admit I refreshed about 5 times waiting for it to come back up.... :-)

darkdep

I cannot function in the morning without my OVAS fix.  I was twitching on the floor almost in tears.

Jim

hahahah me too i refreshed again and again.

I was crawling arround under my desk to reset my router because i thought it was my connection but i got other sites so it wasnt just me.

aidensmomma2000

clouxles

Almost had to drive to a pet shop!
Mark D.
210 gallon 3 Ornate Bichirs, 1 Dhelezi Bichir, 1 Rope Fish, Black Ghost Knife, Royal Pleco, Fire Eel, Clown Loach, BN Pleco
125 gallon Elephant Nose, Rainbows, Gourami (Pearl - Blue) Plecos (BN & Clown)

Go big or go home... no more MTS for me

fishycanuck

Glad to know I'm not the only morning OVAS addict...  gotta check the comics and the fish pages before going to work! That morning I actually had to look at my fish - where's the fun in that?????

darkdep

hehe it's true.  My boss comes to me one morning and asked why I wasn't working.  I told him the OVAS site was down and I can't start my day without it.

I could see him start to form the "What the Hell is OVAS" thought but walked away.

Marc

arrghhh!!  Yet another short outage.  We are having the hosting company investigate to see why this is happening.  

Marc

darkdep

Perhaps the Hosting company could put their database on a server not made out of popsicle sticks and twine.

darkdep

It's a conspiracy.  22 users at a time wasn't good enough.  Marc is trying to break records again.  Admit it!

Marc

Quote from: "darkdep"Perhaps the Hosting company could put their database on a server not made out of popsicle sticks and twine.

Actually the problem is due to one of the many websites hosted on the server.  We're trying to determine which one.

Marc

Marc

Quote from: "darkdep"It's a conspiracy.  22 users at a time wasn't good enough.  Marc is trying to break records again.  Admit it!

I admit it.  But it obviously wasn't a long enough outage since we didn't set a new record.  Next outtage will have to be longer.