New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

new house project

Started by Ian, February 28, 2011, 03:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

getting a house build as we speak.. I`m thinking a putting my 120g in the wall so we can see 3 sides out of 4..

if you were me.. what should I do or get to make the "perfect" tank setup ?

plumbing, wall, canopy, light ?

Saltcreep

I'm not going to risk offending anyone here by blowing one horn louder than another, but on the very first page of this very board, there are at least three or four threads you really must read.

leemay

Is it a custom home build?

having your sump in the basement mechanical room is one of the best things you could do!
if you could get a chase to run plumbing and electrical from your display to your sump that would be great.
extra gfi outlets are always great near display and sump.

that's all i can think of now... i just had a home built but it was not custom.

Ian

the house will be custom yes, looking to get the tank in the wall that will separate the stare and the living room so I would say right in the midle of the house..

plumbing and electricity will not be a problem but for a sump or something.. is there any issues on how "far" from the tank ? I was thinking to put it right under as usual...

how big the sump gotta be ? what type of filter, pump do I need ?

and thx for the reply!

Severum

The only factor in distance from your sump to your tank is your return pump. My sump is a combined (horizontal and vertical) 50-60 feet from my display. Things are sooooooooooooo much easier with a basement sump.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef