New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

rose bta

Started by Darth, March 19, 2011, 04:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth

so I had this bta for a bit now, and it already split, and they neverr seemed to bubble after I got them they are healthy looking and growing nicely now I have never fed it other than what I feed the tank, never spot fed it or anything I feed a variety of cyclpoze, fm lps food, krill and mysis, so yesterday I finally picked up some silversides and fed the aneneomes
and this is what I have now

this morning they were all bubbled up. is this because they weren't getting enough to eat?? or just some wierd coincidence?

az

has tobe those az's special blend silversides!!
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Darth

LOL I am telling you it must be they it was so wierd because it bubbled when I first got and never since, but I fed it az's silversides and this morning it was nuts

JetJumper

Thats an interesting observation Darth.  I am now curious and probably going to try the same with mine.  Here is what mine looks like currently.  I would love for it to bubble!
I could never find any information on the Internet as to why they bubble and why they do not.

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Darth

yes and mine looked similar just not as long, again this could have been a fluke It would be cool to see if you see the same results

JetJumper

I will try it when I return from Holiday's and report back! :D

SWFitzy

i have just recently bought one myself. I got it from Az. I have been in sw for 2 years now, and my father has a LTA and he feeds it every 3 days. I have had my bubble tip for 8 days now, and i have fed it twice. After i fed him the first time, he moved off of the rock that he came on.( rock was 1/4 of a lb maybe) and is now on the largest piece in tank.(30lbs+) I have so far only fed it shrimp, dad gave me some presious silversides of az's to feed it next time. All the tips are bubbled and have been since i brought it home

lost_at_sea

After feeding mine has often curled up for a day, but always returned bigger and happier after.

I also haven't had mine bubble since I bought it 2yrs ago, although i have since it start to bubble when:
a) it's been harassed by something (clown or otherwise)
b) lower flow throughout the tank.
c) it's freshly split.

omarh

I've read (forget where) that BTA will lose the bubble shape when trying to reach for better lighting or when they are looking for food.
mine is always bubbled, i feed it shrimp once every week-two weeks (don't keep exact track).

i just igve it a piece of shrimp the size of my thumb nail or so.

JetJumper

I am guesing then that since my is so large (12"+ diameter) it is probably one pretty hungry guy!  I am going to try the silverside method when I return home.

Darth

so have you ever fed yours before? It seems those that have been feeding have had them bubble, I may try feeding one and not the other to see it things change this is an excting thread though interesting to see others reactions anyone have one they do not feed that has bubbled?

lonereefer

Quote from: Darth on March 19, 2011, 09:52:20 PM
LOL I am telling you it must be they it was so wierd because it bubbled when I first got and never since, but I fed it az's silversides and this morning it was nuts

Just stopped by az's and got me some of those silversides and wow!!!!!!!!!!! After just a few hours all by bubbled up for the first time in 8 months!!!!

Darth

now have you direct fed them before??

lonereefer

I usually feed it raw shrimp and I don't get a reaction like this. But an hour or so after the silverside BAM!!!!!!!! All blown up
Very beautiful

Darth

okay maybe it is the type of food, mine have still been bubbled since the feeding on friday although one seems to close and open a bit since I have 2 I really think I am gonna do a side by side, my wife says its cruel, but I tell her I have not fed them at all since I got them, as far as light it is not an issue they are about 3/4 to 1/2  down the tank thank is 24" deep I believe with 250w metal halide and 2 65w pc actinics. So I don't think they were stretching for light

JetJumper

So after feeding my RBTA 7 Silver Sides this is the result currently.

I will post tomorrow if there is a change again.

LittleX

Got some of this Az's special blend today, after 6 hours all the tentacles shorten by 3/4. No bubble tip yet. I usually feed twice a week with table shrimp, the reaction with the silverside was like they haven't eat in years. I'll update tomorrow with before and after pics.

JetJumper

A Silverside every day or two for me. and still no bubbles.. :(

Darth

funny that you commented again because now I am in phase 2 of my expiriment so I have not fed them since the day I posted and they both started to stretch so no I fed one but not the other and the one is bubbling, yet I have fed the green one and no bubbles, so maybe I thought I was on to something maybe not  8)

az

jetjumper is not trying the right kinda silversides :)
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

JetJumper

Open a store on this side of town :P  Its about an Hour drive for me to get there :(

NjOyRiD

nah nah nah we need one on the other side of the river
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO