New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

March Mini Auction

Started by White Lightning, March 24, 2011, 05:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Lightning

The next mini-auction will be held during the March General meeting - March 28th, 2011 at JA Dulude Arena.

Item registration
Pre-registration of items makes the auction run much smoother.  The following methods are available to pre-register your items:

•PM me with your list – including the description and minimum bid.
•On-line registration of your items.  Click here to submit your items for the auction.   If you have more than 10 items for sale, please fill out as many forms as needed.

Identifying your items
All auction items must be registered before the start of the auction.  Pre-printed labels are provided for all auction items.

For all items the starting bid is $2. If you would like to start the bidding for you item at a higher amount please indicate the minimum bid on your registration form.  Please note that you can have a maximum of 5 items with a minimum reserve bid.

Packaging your items
Please package your items carefully!  Bags can leak, light bulbs can break, and fish can jump out of pails - just to mention a few possibilities.

All fish placed for auction must be in an appropriate container:

•Proper fish bags (preferred method)
•Glass jars of an appropriate size (Acceptable, but should be avoided if possible for safety reasons)
•Plastic buckets

Bidding
For those who are new to the club the mini-auction works as follows:

•The auctioneer will read the lot number, description and starting bid amount.
•Anyone who wishes to bid on the item is asked to raise their hand at the start of the bidding.
•The auctioneer will increase the price and the last person with their hand raised wins the item.
•All items must be paid for immediately after the bidding has ended for that item.  Payment and item pickup is done at the Treasurers location on the right hand side of the meeting room.

Auction fees
There is a 10% fee charged by OVAS on any item sold during the mini-auction.  Any vendors not registered before 4pm on the day of the auction will be charged a commission rate of 20% and be limited to a maximum of 10 items.

Donations
If you wish to donate the proceeds from any of your auction item please indicate this to me before the auction.  Any unsold donated items must be picked up after the mini-auction is over – OVAS will not be responsible for any items left at the meeting.

Vendor payment
Please see me after the auction to be cashed out.  I will provide you with a receipt which will be taken to the Treasurer for payment.  If you are unable to stay to the end of the auction please contact me and alternate arrangement will be made for you to receive your funds.

Note
Please respect your fellow club members - excessive talking during the auction is distracting to both the auctioneers and the people wishing to purchase items.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Randy Moar