New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

zoa growth

Started by tophoo, April 13, 2011, 09:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tophoo

I was wondering how fast or slow zoas grow.

thanks

Darth

there are too many factors to consider here the type of zoa, the water params. Zoa are for the most part good growers, that being said I have some that spread quickly and some that dont seem to grow at all

RossW

I agree with Darth.  They tend to like dirtier water, and I have some which have never grown only receeded :-(

Hookup

I don't keep them personally, I did, they grew pretty fast... not GSP fast, but they covered rock the size of my hand in 6-8months.

xiaan

I had lots but over time some fade away while others do well (it is always the not so nicer ones that stay). but I think that is due to the fact I am running a ULN (Ultra Low Nutrient) system.

NanoSF

Ya I find Zoa to be a pain. You can put 2 different kinds directly beside each other with 2 different results. In my experience they grew the best when my Nitrates were around 10. Now that I am always at 0 they are at a stand still. When my tank was in bad shape, and Nitrates were 30 they started to die off. This could have been due to lighting however. Like I said they are a pain. Just buy frags and see what does best. I find the larger the polyp the easier to keep happy. Then again that might just be a coincidence too.  :P