New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

40 gal hex

Started by mchagel, October 11, 2005, 11:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchagel

I will soon be trying to stock a 40 gal hex tank and I am looking for suggestions. I was thinking that since it is a tall tank that I would put in some angel fish. Are there any other tall fish that would be good with the angels or as an alternative. What other suggestions would you make.
This tank is to be enjoyed by a group of seniors, so large and or colorful would be useful.

Julie

Discus are another alternative; but would require more care.
Angels are nice, maybe with a school of large cardinals or black neons.  

Julie

kennyman

I have made my stocking list for a similar tank MC. I used smaller fishes and selected by stratum they frequent. By chosing top dwelleing, middel and Benthic species the hope is fish will always be spread around the tank verticaly since there relativly little room for horizontal dispersal. Just something for you to concider anyways ;)

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: "kennyman"I have made my stocking list for a similar tank MC. I used smaller fishes and selected by stratum they frequent. By chosing top dwelleing, middel and Benthic species the hope is fish will always be spread around the tank verticaly since there relativly little room for horizontal dispersal. Just something for you to concider anyways ;)

I did the same for my old hex tank - hatchetfishes up top, cories, clown loaches and a whiptail cat on the bottom, and various middle-dwellers (different tetras and glass catfishes).  Angels are a great addition to a hex tank.