New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I suppose I should introduce myself

Started by bt, June 25, 2011, 08:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bt

Now that I've stopped lurking and started posting, at least.

After friends gave us the bug for it when we were visiting, followed by much consideration, my wife and I are starting a salt water tank.  At this point we're in the process of finishing a stand and prepping the space for a 75 gal tank, then the real fun begins.

As for experience, we've been running a basic 10 gal fw tank with standard pet store fare for a few years (which was down to a plecko before our friends made us want more fish again), but that's not much experience compared to a reef tank.

dan2x38

Nice to meet ya! Great size tank makes for a stable environment. Hope your adding a sump? ;) But that's for another thread and forum... I swear by sumps - friend don't let friends go sumpless... LOL
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

bt

Yep, 40 gal sump.  I'll probably start a build thread once we've got the stand back here.  I'd start one with the making of the stand, but my uncle is helping build it (okay, I'm helping him really) and I don't want to stop him every 5 minutes to take a picture.

Rybren

120G Reef