New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hi folks

Started by Kodge, July 07, 2011, 11:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kodge

I stumbled on the forum - and OVAS - when googling to see if I could find anyone breeding pygmy corys in the Ottawa area. (LFSs haven't had them for a while).  No luck yet, but that could be a topic for another post.

Anyway, thought I'd say hi. Looks like a great site. And I figure I could tell you a little about where I am in this relatively new hobby.

I was given a 10 gallon tank a couple of years ago, did a little (not enough!) reading, and set it up. I ended up stocked with 3 each of bleeding heart tetras, neon tetras, sunset platys and pygmy corys. Not enough reading, as I said.

I lost a couple of neons in the first few months, and two of the pygmys in a mini-cycle brought on by using meds to clear ich. These days I am pretty comfortable with things, but I now know enough to know that there is a lot I don't know...

For the last 6 months I've had a planted 37 gallon with 6 bleeding hearts, 9 neons, 1 bristlenose, 3 platys, 3 amano shrimp, and 1 pygmy cory. If I had room, I'd be looking for a bigger tank. Or two!

I look forward to learning a lot here, and I am sure I'll be asking questions...

dan2x38

Always nice to meet another hobbyist sounds like a cool setup... OH be warned come around here you will have more than a couple new tanks in no time... LOL any beats? ;) and yes agreed the more I learn the less I know... :(
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

washefuzzy

Welcome aboard.
I also have one pygmy cory. I also having trouble finding more. They are so cute and tiny I love to have 6 more.