New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

HeatsinkUSA & RapidLED

Started by xmai77, October 08, 2011, 11:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmai77

Is anyone interested in a group buy for HeatsinkUSA or RapidLED?

From HeatsinkUSA, I will be purchasing 2x30" lengths of the 1.813" wide heatsink. I'm getting about 20 LEDs and 2 drivers from RapidLED.

zoom111

I may be interested depending on price of led's and heatsinks. Do you mean just combine our orders to make it easier or are you getting discounted rates based on number of product ordered ?

xmai77

Quote from: zoom111 on October 09, 2011, 01:52:38 PM
I may be interested depending on price of led's and heatsinks. Do you mean just combine our orders to make it easier or are you getting discounted rates based on number of product ordered ?

I'm hoping to get discount rates. I have not contacted them yet as I do not know if people are even interested. Even if we don't get a discount rate, the shipping will be slightly cheaper if split between a few people.

zoom111

Yea makes sense, I find it hard to organize group buys because everyone has different schedules for funds and such. Have you checked out ledgroupbuy.com ?? very low costs, about $30 for 6 Led's.

JetJumper

Quote from: zoom111 on October 10, 2011, 01:14:13 PM
Yea makes sense, I find it hard to organize group buys because everyone has different schedules for funds and such. Have you checked out ledgroupbuy.com ?? very low costs, about $30 for 6 Led's.

$30/6LED's seems average if not on the higher side to me.  Rapid is cheaper currnetly.

http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-196/CREE-XP-dsh-E-Blue-3W/Detail

And comes with an optic.

Or unless you are talking about the XR-E's which are more pricey.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

cn

I would be interested in getting the heatsinks as well. I have a standard 90g (4'x2'x18") so I would need 2 x24" heatsinks. Please keep me in the loop if you guys decide to go for it. I'm also interested in group buy for LEDs, dimmers, drivers...

mmaisonneuve

Anyone considered looking at Modularled.ca ? It's in Alberta, in Canada  I've always had great service, you only get to pay 5% tx and if you get a good size order you can negotiate a discount !!! the LED module have connectors it simple, flexible and easy. They have the heatsink, LED's, Optics kit and more. They are dimmable to using a controller (APEX and Profilux) or you can also get a manual dimmer for it. I've got thanks running currently with their LED and there is no way in hells creation I would consider going with RapidLED...why would someone want to go the soldering way ??? One day a LED will go and you will have to remove the canopy to take the module out and redo the soldering thing. ModularLED has those simple click and connect socket they work just great........
90g Tank, 50g Sump. Super Reef Octopus 2000 skimmer , 1 Bio Beads reactor, 1 GFO Reactor, 1 Carbon Reactor, 2 Ecotech Radion XR30w, 3 Vortech MP10w ES,  Eheim 1260 Return Pump. AquaController Apex System. SPS Reef with Purple Tang, Yellow Tang, Dejardini Tang, Mated pair Madanrin, Clown, Purple Fire Fish, Bengali Cardinals, Coral Beauty. Tons and tons of Snail and Hermits

Malyon18

Rapidled now carries the plug and play leds and have carried them for some time now.
"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

mmaisonneuve

Yes but can can daisy chain them ! You need to buy a seperate module and connect all those LED Module in that central hub and the hub in the Driver....that either takes room on the Heatsink or you if you locate it somewhere else in the canopy....you can get connectors extensions :( this will create a mess of wire. The Modularled option is clean and tidy. You just daisy chain everything one to the other....and if one modules go the other one are still functional.....not like those old set of xmass light use to do.....loose one loose them all til you find where the failure is.
90g Tank, 50g Sump. Super Reef Octopus 2000 skimmer , 1 Bio Beads reactor, 1 GFO Reactor, 1 Carbon Reactor, 2 Ecotech Radion XR30w, 3 Vortech MP10w ES,  Eheim 1260 Return Pump. AquaController Apex System. SPS Reef with Purple Tang, Yellow Tang, Dejardini Tang, Mated pair Madanrin, Clown, Purple Fire Fish, Bengali Cardinals, Coral Beauty. Tons and tons of Snail and Hermits

mmaisonneuve

Oh forgot !!! and Modularled are using the CREE leds....they have the XPE and the XPG's.

cn

Is this group buy still on ? I'm ready to buy the heatsinks now.

thanks.

Feivel

HEY GUYS

for the heat sinks ..... i work at an aluminum shop and we build platforms for trucks and tool boxes etc. all 4043 aluminum. the deck boards have somewhat a heatsink look to them on the underside(fliped over). i can take a picture to show it off. one side has a sort of grip than can be easily grinded off. they are about 10inches wide& 1" to 1.5" tall  and 25feet long. we have some short scraps we throw out all the time that i can .... "take". i was thinking about using them for my lights but they dont get hot enough only being T5's.

gvv

Looking for 2 heatsinks: 12" x 8.46" or around this...

Don't ready to buy LEDs yet, as need to calculate how many LEDs/Drivers/optics will need...

Feivel

thats a little harder to sneak outta my lunch bag :) i have yet to post pics yet but i do have one on my phone

Vincenzo.

ledwholesalers.com :)  :)anyone down?

aumontmatthew

I would be interested in a 4.23" x 9" heatsink from heatsinkusa along with 12 cree leds from rapidled if we can get a group buy together...

chujai

I've been getting LED's from ebay.

if you look up the seller satisled, or they also have a website http://www.satisled.com/ but its like, 7 bux shipping but from ebay its usually free shipping.

10x 3W Extreme Royal Blue Power LED 445nm Plant Grow for 25 bux.
10pcs 3W Power LED Cool White Star Emitter 160LM 10000K for 19 bux.

shipping took a little longer roughly 3 weeks but i got them and love them.
ChuJai