New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New Starfire 79 gallon tank build

Started by charlie, November 09, 2011, 10:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pm

Quote from: charlie on March 09, 2012, 08:57:21 PM
Unfortunatley most of it is not used, i do keep a few gallons for watering house plants.
Errol

Me too.  In the warmer months, I am going to try pumping the water out the window into a rain barrel just outside... I don't think something like this would work to well for you though Errol  ;)

charlie

Quote from: pm on March 10, 2012, 07:13:46 AM
Me too.  In the warmer months, I am going to try pumping the water out the window into a rain barrel just outside... I don't think something like this would work to well for you though Errol  ;)
;D

touchofsky

In the summer, I carry buckets of water change water outdoors to put on my garden.  I would like to try and get some of the water that I take out of the 66 gallon tank onto my gardens.  This tank is on the 2nd floor, so I would have to siphon it out the window  :)

exv152

Not sure I would water my vegetable or herb garden with tank water though, especially considering all the micro and macro nutrients some of us feed our plants. I don't see it being too healthy for human consumption.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

touchofsky

I don't actually have any vegetable gardens, I only have flowering perennials, so that a problem on that front  :)  I have a row of daylilies, and they do much better when I water them with buckets of aquarium water.

charlie

Hi folks here is the latest update on the tank, i`m a few trims away from what i might be happy with for this tank  ;) @ least for now, there is one patch of freshly planted Glosso to be filled in & some more trimming to thicken some sections.
Please excuse the pearling bubbles in the picture.
Errol

JetJumper

how many tanks are you up to again now? :P

Looking good! 

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

charlie

Quote from: JetJumper on April 28, 2012, 09:07:45 PM
how many tanks are you up to again now? :P

Looking good! 

One for each day of the week  ;D :P

exv152

Very nice, what happened to the HC?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on April 28, 2012, 09:48:18 PM
Very nice, what happened to the HC?
Let`s just say i heeded some of the advice given & it was swapped from this build for a new build  ;)
The HC is now in the 10 gallon.
Errol

pm

Quote from: charlie on April 28, 2012, 08:55:16 PM
... i`m a few trims away from what i might be happy with for this tank  ;)

Then what?  :-\  ... what will you do with your spare time?  :P

bizfromqc

charlie

Quote from: bizfromqc on May 01, 2012, 12:04:13 PM
Time to take up golfing  ;)
No No not me  ;D
I have enough tanks to keep me from being bored, how can you be bored with some thing that is so much fun!
Errol

bettabreeder

Absolutely stunning as always Errol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlie

Quote from: bettabreeder on May 01, 2012, 03:32:40 PM
Absolutely stunning as always Errol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your kind comments.
Errol

charlie

Since my last picture in May i had grown peacock moss on the driftwood, after sharing this with a member on another forum, an observation was made about the moss hiding the beauty of the hardscacpe, this caused me to revisit the moss covered wood, I concluded that the observation was a good one therefore all the moss was stripped off.
Regards

daworldisblack

AWESOME! I like it more with each iteration. Good one Errol :)
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Brine

Stussi613

I haz reef tanks.

fischkopp

Not too bad. Very organized layout. :P

I might have asked that before, but what's that low red plant on the right side?
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031