New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New Starfire 79 gallon tank build

Started by charlie, November 09, 2011, 10:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exv152

Very nice Errol! I can't believe your glasswear has no algae. I can't seem to keep the algae off mine.

I noticed you're using the DC stainless steal diffuser. Is this in conjunction with an atomic inline diffuser?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Thanks guys, keep it coming with your critique
@ fischkopp - it`s a red ludwigia  :P, seriously all i know it`s a ludwigia, just today i was @ Ken & he has the same plant but we are not sure which ludwigia specie.
@ exv152 -it`s clean because when you guy`s knocked at my door last Saturday i had just finished cleaning them  ;D
The DC diffuser is in conjunction with an in line DIY reactor.
Thanks all

jetstream

Quote from: fischkopp on November 09, 2012, 12:49:05 PM

I might have asked that before, but what's that low red plant on the right side?

I checked my plant bible site. The plant on the right is Ludwigia Palustris, some site called it "Super red" form.   ;)

76brian

fischkopp

Quote from: charlie on November 09, 2012, 09:37:01 PM
@ fischkopp - it`s a red ludwigia  :P, seriously all i know it`s a ludwigia, just today i was @ Ken & he has the same plant but we are not sure which ludwigia specie.

Funny that is. I saw it in Jetstream's tank I said: I must have it, later ... now I see it in your's and now I really want it! It's probably one of the most intense plants I have seen.

Quote from: jetstream on November 10, 2012, 10:49:44 PM
I checked my plant bible site. The plant on the right is Ludwigia Palustris, some site called it "Super red" form.   ;)

Noted my friend. I better keep working on my new project ... :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

masoud100

How do all you members make an aquarium look amazing. When I look at OVAS member aquariums I am stunned but I can never make mine the same. Nobody wants to make mine either

charlie

Well it`s been a year since I last updated this journal, I recently rescaped the tank( the norm with me  :P)
It is still a work in progress with some more growth & trimming after, but I wanted to share with you.
I will note my first iteration of this scape attracted a different perspective from a member on another site, I took that observation & made a change.
Thanks Biulu, would love to hear yours.
Errol

Stussi613

Folks, how great does it feel to have a real life planted tanks master as part of our club?  ;D ;D
I haz reef tanks.

exv152

Great new scape Errol! Especially like the attention to detail.
:)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Quote from: exv152 on December 05, 2013, 11:22:36 PM
Great new scape Errol! Especially like the attention to detail.
:)

Not a single plant out of place eh? haha. Nice one Errol! Can't wait to see this scape mature!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

sas

fischkopp

This may be your best layout so far. Glad to see that you start to mix plants up and use them in different areas. That really makes all the difference I find. Thanks for sharing and keep it coming.

Really itching now to get my planted tanks back up again ...  :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Thanks for your kind words guys, coming from you guys means a lot.
@ Stuart, wow such praise is making my head hurt  ;)
@ fischkopp, I`m happy if this inspires you to get that dusty brand new tank set up, I have been waiting for years to see your magic on this project :D
To my other fellow Planted tank hobbyist , I encourage to get more involved in the club, it`s the way to go for several benefits, meet others & see their tanks -ask questions, it is the one single factor that has kept me committed to the hobby
Errol

ajm1961

A work of art indeed!
Thanks for sharing your expertise and continue to inspire us Errol!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Dxpert

Absolutely amazing! Really great mixture of colour and textures.

bettabreeder

looks incredible Errol!! Makes me want to set up a new tank 

charlie

Quote from: bettabreeder on December 07, 2013, 05:06:48 PM
looks incredible Errol!! Makes me want to set up a new tank 
Quote from: Dxpert on December 07, 2013, 06:51:16 AM
Absolutely amazing! Really great mixture of colour and textures.
Quote from: ajm1961 on December 06, 2013, 08:42:04 PM
A work of art indeed!
Thanks for sharing your expertise and continue to inspire us Errol!
Thanks guys, it is my hope that other like minded hobbyist would share their tanks & we all learn from each other - they are some great tanks within our community that are not shared here.
Errol

BSmith

Thanks for updating again so that this thread resurfaced and I was able to go through the entire thing.  I love ever iteration of this tank.  Maybe one day I will have success with plants... but I have some young Discus that are taking up most of my time.

charlie

Thanks for taking the time to extend your in put , it`s much appreciated.
Regards

dbl_dbl