New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

April OVAS Meeting will be held at University of Ottawa

Started by OVAS, April 06, 2004, 11:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OVAS

The April OVAS meeting:

April 26 at 7:00pm

The April 2004 meeting of the OVAS will be held at the University of Ottawa Biology for a tour and presentation of their fish breeding facilities.   As an aquarium society, it will be very interesting to learn about the various research projects surrounding the aquatic world.  We definitely seem to have common interest in how water conditions affect fish.  

The entrance to the University of Ottawa is at the eastern end of D'Iorio Hall, along Louis-Pasteur.  It is a loading dock, but is easier access than other entrances to the building.  We have to be there at 7:00pm sharp.  

To save on the parking, it is recommended that we meet at 6:30pm at the Jack Purcell Communiity Centre so that we can car pool together.  If you cannot meet at Jack Purcell, you can go directly to the University.  An electronic map can be found at www.uottawa.ca/map/.  Pay-and-display parking is available at the southeast corner of Marie-Curie and Louis-Pasteur.  A larger lot is at the southwest corner of Jean-Jacques Lussier and Université.  

See you there for a great evening.  As this is expected to take the better part of our meeting, there will not be a mini-auction at the meeting.

artw

I will be at Jack Purcell Centre 30 minutes in advance to redirect people. and/or put a notice on the door.

ambushman2j

so I imagion there's not going to be an auction?

Marc

That's correct.  There will be no auction in this month.  I'll add that to the front page article and to the above post.

ambushman2j

OVAS

As FreeFloat stated this is not the last meeting of the year.  

The meeting shedule is at the bottom of the website's front page.

OVAS

The information for the April meeting of the OVAS at  the University of Ottawa has been updated.

Check the top of this post or the front page of the website for details.

artw

just a reminder that we will be meeting at Jack Purcell at 6:30 tonight for the OVAS meeting field trip.