New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

"Like" button

Started by Severum, February 09, 2012, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severum

Its the age of Facebook and there are so many threads where I simply want to say "great comment" or "great photo" but I don't because it'd be a useless post. Can we add a like button for posts on threads like Facebook does? I can see it being used a lot.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

rgauvin

Adding a comment bumps the post to the top of the list, drawing peoples attention to it, I'd hardly consider it useless.

Darth

Quote from: Severum on February 09, 2012, 11:16:14 AM
Its the age of Facebook and there are so many threads where I simply want to say "great comment" or "great photo" but I don't because it'd be a useless post. Can we add a like button for posts on threads like Facebook does? I can see it being used a lot.
I agree sometimes its just easier to click like, or thumbs up I know its sad but sometimes commenting is just too much effort

Malyon18

It would also reduce the length of some of the threads, nothing I hate more then reading a 30 page thread and half of it being +1's
"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

garnpet

When we last upgraded I looked for a "like" button add-on.  Unfortunately any of the ones I found at the time were linked to facebook rather than just putting a like counter on the posts.  I haven't looked recently.

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><