New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS on CBC Radio

Started by ajm1961, March 02, 2012, 10:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

Sylvia was interviewed by the CBC earlier today with the host of CBC Radio's In Town and Out.  It is a recorded interview about OVAS, the hobby, the Giant Auction and Earth Day which will be aired on Saturday morning from 7:30am - 8:30am.

If you miss it, the show will be recorded and saved on the CBC website for later listening.

SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

bettabreeder

That's awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exv152

Quote from: ajm1961 on March 02, 2012, 10:18:39 PM
Sylvia was interviewed by the CBC earlier today with the host of CBC Radio's In Town and Out.  It is a recorded interview about OVAS, the hobby, the Giant Auction and Earth Day which will be aired on Saturday morning from 7:30am - 8:30am.

If you miss it, the show will be recorded and saved on the CBC website for later listening.

Do post the link if you happen to come across it, I'd be interested to hear the interview.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Fishnut

It sounded pretty good I think.  They don't seem to have it up yet, so as soon as they do I'll post the link.

Fishnut

If someone can tell me how to post an MP3 here, everyone can have a listen!  The file is too big for the"Additional Optoins"

rockgarden

Congrats.  All the dog and cat owners are now looking for you  :)

touchofsky

I think you did a fabulous job, Sylvia.  I do think the interviewer was a bit negative with the comment "I just don't get it".  I think you handled yourself very well, and promoted the hobby excellently!

Fishnut

The reality is that most people are like him.  In retrospect I wish I had said something about the goldfish in the bowl...but oh well, I wanted to stay positive and non-lecturing :)

Brine

nice work Sylvia....

fish don't shed ;D

charlie

Quote from: Brine on March 06, 2012, 03:12:51 PM
nice work Sylvia....

fish don't shed ;D
& you don`t have to poop & scoop either  ;)

touchofsky

I think you handled it very well.  I agree that one doesn't want to be lecturing, but rather try and encourage interest with a positive message.

exv152

Quote from: Fishnut on March 06, 2012, 02:46:23 PMThe reality is that most people are like him.  In retrospect I wish I had said something about the goldfish in the bowl...but oh well, I wanted to stay positive and non-lecturing :)

Sylvia, I think you did a good job. It's true a lot of people are like him and they don't see what we see when we look at an aquarium. I think aquarists are nature lovers, and some people don't see any beauty in nature whatsoever. I think the key was just to get the word out about ovas and let the audience decide for themselves.
;)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g