New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

RBTA

Started by Leucotome, April 11, 2012, 07:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leucotome

Hi Everyone,

So I picked up a RBTA from az Monday, and it seems to be pretty happy in the tank. I dug a hole near the LR and placed it there, then it promptly attached itself to the LR and hasn't moved since. I assume it's happy there, but hanging against the substrate isn't my ideal spot for it.

I would rather place it somewhere else, but I assume it probably just wants to be left alone. Do I have any options to move it, or should I just let it be happy where it is??

JetJumper

Nice colour!

Good luck moving it though.. they are a pain and you risk damaging their foot.  unless you take the rock out and let him hang upside down just out of the water.   Even if you move him you run the risk of him moving to where it wants to go..

Awesome colour though!
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Darth

trust me hanging them upside down ice cubes, powerheads nothing ever worked for me when trying to remove my bta if he is not happy it will move no matter where you "try" and place it, it will move where it wants

Dakotamay

Agree with the above. He looks pretty happy right where he is. That's the kicker sometimes with nems. They'll go where they want and that doesn't always coincide with our plans lol. You just have to live with it. Trying to move him is just going to stress him out and could possibly kill him.

Leucotome

Thanks for the advice!

I think I'll just leave him alone.