New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

210g Build

Started by Amy, April 20, 2012, 01:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakotamay

Tank is looking awesome guys.  Love the lighting.

Cheebs

Wow! This is an amazing start... Good job guys!!

Amy

Thanks guys!! I'm gonna go crazy just sitting here and looking at these lights!  My tank is empty!!! I can't wait to add all my corals in there to see the colors!

I wasn't expecting such results.. I look at my 60g (24x24x24) that has a 250w 12K metal halide with 4 T5's and it's really not as bright as the maxspect lol! They burn like the fires of a thousand suns!  :P

I will pray to the saltwater gods tonight to speed up the process of my new tank so I can transfer everything! The wait is unbearable!!

mmaisonneuve

Hey Amy I dont See my Old Tang in there ! how is she ?
90g Tank, 50g Sump. Super Reef Octopus 2000 skimmer , 1 Bio Beads reactor, 1 GFO Reactor, 1 Carbon Reactor, 2 Ecotech Radion XR30w, 3 Vortech MP10w ES,  Eheim 1260 Return Pump. AquaController Apex System. SPS Reef with Purple Tang, Yellow Tang, Dejardini Tang, Mated pair Madanrin, Clown, Purple Fire Fish, Bengali Cardinals, Coral Beauty. Tons and tons of Snail and Hermits

Amy

She's doing great!  She was hiding last night cause we blinded her with the lights but now she's back at being the jolly little fish she is! Swimming around without a care in the world :)

Thunda

Looks like it is all coming together... things are looking great.  The lights are very cool looking and the different stages or percentages are super.  Waiting is always the hardest part but the end result is always worth the wait.  Looking forward to following the thread as more and more gets completed.  Awesome work!!!

Amy

Update!

So far the livestock is: Blue tang, purple tang, blonde naso, 5 chromis, coral beauty, yellow tail tamarin wrasse, clam.
And I have a saddle puffer living in my sump, he was the first fish introduced in this tank.
90% of the 60g's corals are there, and I'm waiting to put the rest of my fish in there.

Naso tang when he was in the 60g

Flame angel still in the 60...

I'll take some more pics today when the lights are brighter and you can see the other fish.

Hookup

looks good...

Looking at your sandbed, the system looks very new still... not sure what your next plans are but i would advise caution at this point...  the wrasse in particular is a concern as they often only get their nutrition from copods which might not be abundant in a newer system... maybe just letting nature take it's course for the next 6-10 weeks would be something your considering.

I don't want to be a downer so...  it looks awesome, great investment in equipment and the aquascaping is looking really good and i'm sure you'll have lots of success.

Amy

Yeah I'm, taking my time now, I'll wait at least 3-4 weeks before adding the other fish. My sand is brand new, but my liverock is old, and a lot of the water came from my 60g, I already have some copepods in my sump, not a lot, but there's some.
I still have more live rock to add from my 60 and I still transfer water from time to time from my old reef tank to this one. I'm constantly testing and I've made my first water change yesterday, I had a bit of nitrate, besides that, all parameters are stable and everything is doing great!  

I know it looks like iIve added everything in a day but I took my time, just didn't post photos after every change.

Thunda

It's coming together.. finally right.. hardest part is the wait.  We are in the same boat these days :)

Amy

Yeah, Can't wait to see yours, it's gonna look awesome!

here's some pics of my beautiful blonde naso tang! He eats like a pig, I'm so happy!