New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Weird hermit behaviour

Started by Feivel, June 26, 2012, 06:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feivel

Ive been watching a big hermit in my tank on the top of my gsp rock. Hees been there for a week. I noticed him for a couple days that he had not moved....,so I reached on in to the rescue and he death gripped himself there. I didnt see anything restricting him so I left him be. So today I come in hees in the same spot and I try and knock him down he death gripped. I flick him a couple times and he stayed there. At this point I thought the gsp had grown onto his sheel seeing hees been there a week and this stuff grows like mad....so I grabbed my bastor and poked him down..... I just noticed him climbing back up the gsp rock to find his spot. Anyone have any idea why he would be doing this?

Hees been back there all night.in the pic hees climbing over the hill. He took a break half way. Hos spot is were it is bare. Is thos some kind of reproduction behaviour or just something else?thanks for any tips guys.

bandit

Greatwhite

He likes it there.. leave him be.  Might be that he's getting ready to molt and that's where he feels safest.

ihavecrabs

Quote from: Greatwhite on June 26, 2012, 09:47:54 AM
He likes it there.. leave him be.  Might be that he's getting ready to molt and that's where he feels safest.

i agree with Greatwhite

Greatwhite

One of my favorite hermits climbs up my overflow, and goes into it after yummy bits.  I had pulled him out of there and dropped him back in the display a couple times, but then watched him climb back into the display on his own.  Now I just leave him to his business. :)