New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

65 Gallon High Tech Planted

Started by Rex, August 14, 2018, 12:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex

Hi all, I posted last year about my 30 gallon planted tank. Rather than resurrect  the old topic (located here http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=60449.0 ) I thought I'd start a new one, as I've got an entirely new tank. I ended up with a siphon mishap in the 30 gallon where I pressed down too hard on the dwarf hairgrass carpet. Unfortunately about 90% of the carpet was ripped up and unrecoverable. I ended up deciding to get a new tank entirely and start over. Here's what it looked like in the beginning. You can see the 6 little tufts of remaining hairgrass that I tried to recover.

The tank has had a few rough patches, including a massive outbreak of blue green algae. Thankfully it's recovered and I'm super proud of how it looks today. Note how the grass carpet has developed from those few little bunches.

For anyone interested in the hardware, here's a shot of the plumbing. It's messy, cable management is not my strong point, but it gets the job done. I have two Eheim classic 250's, one with a turbo twist 3x uv sterilizer inline, the other with a hydor inline heater and a green leaf co2 atomizer.

Thanks for checking out the tank :)

Kalemh

What plants do you have growing in their?

ksj

Very nice. Must have cost a small fortune.
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim