New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

question about considering rehoming large fish

Started by Freshwater Rookie, August 24, 2014, 07:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freshwater Rookie

I need help with a question regarding two fish I acquired..

I purchased a wonderful 50 g bowfront a few months ago. It came with 3 large inhabitants. I quickly found a home for  one that was clearly miserable in the setup, although healthy. He went to an experienced 135 g setup.

I originally had planned to get a 100 g or so aquarium to move them to but I already have 3 setups and with young children, I don't want to lose the Zen and pleasure these aquariums bring me. This means adding a fourth, and larger aquarium, would not be a good idea right now.

Other then posting them online and hoping for lovely, and experienced aquariusts contacting me, what else can I do? Who else can I contact? Where else can I look for help?

These we're someone's beloved pets for years. I don't want to give up on them but they need more space and won't fit into my sweet, peaceful, 90 g planted community.

Please....advice is welcome.

charlie

you may help support the club with a 20.00 a year contribution, which offer several perks, one being using it`s classified section , another thought you can post it on Kijiji with an asking price , if you have already not done so.
Regards

Freshwater Rookie

I am assuming you mean a membership? Absolutely!

I will look into that now....Thank you.