New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plantacholics gathering

Started by charlie, August 13, 2014, 10:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Calling all planted tank hobbyist.
The summer is fast fading , should we have a picnic /BBQ before the good weather is a distant memory?
A perfect opportunity to meet your fellow planted hobbyist, share ideas & experience , ask question & have fun, Swap table/sale table
What say old & new planted folks, lets do this!
I would suggest we pick a day & date, gather at a public park such as Britannia, do a pot luck or BBQ ?
any other suggestions?
This would be a come one come all event  by planted tank hobbyist for planted tank hobbyist  ;D.
Please post your interest & suggestions here.
Errol

daworldisblack

I am definitely down for this! I was busy prepping my place to hopefully host one this year as well so lets keep that as an option too - just contingent on if I get everything set up in time and if I get some more furniture in time haha.
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Ruber

I would love to join one of these and meet Ovas members.   

Jeff1192

Depending on my  work schedule it sounds like a great idea.
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

What about the first or second Sunday in Sept.?
Britannia beach - nice shelter with picnic tables, easy bus access, beach, free parking.
If someone has a portable BBQ or 2, I will supply the Burgers  ;) & Buns.
Others can pot luck other stuff.
Perhaps we can get the local LFS that supports our aspect of the hobby to be involved in any way they see fit
This will give Rah plenty of tome to do the finishing touches to host the next one indoors when it`s cooler  :D
Errol

daworldisblack

I vote 2nd :) I assume most people may have plans on the first
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

guck

Another n00b interested here.  Either w-end is good.

Holly

I'll be there! Second weekend works a bit better for me but I should be able to make either one.

charlie

Ok guys,
Place : Brittiana Park/Beach
Time : 2.00 PM
Date : Sunday Sept. 7 th.

Please post any suggestions on what  we can do , discuss Etc.
As mentioned , if anyone is willing to bring a BBQ , I will provide the Burgers & Buns, if not pot luck it is  ;)
If you are willing to bring anything , please post it here , so we don't have 50 bags of chips  ;D

Possible things I can do - build a DIY co2 regulator & give some tips on different types etc.
Anyone/anything else ?.
Keep posting your intent of having fun meeting fellow hobbyist on Sunday Sept. 7 th.
Regards

lucius

Better re-schedule this since the annual garage sale will be the same date.

charlie

Quote from: lucius on August 18, 2014, 08:52:20 PM
Better re-schedule this since the annual garage sale will be the same date.
;D ;D
I`m flexible, don`t matter to me, if the head count remain as is , I can even host it on the Sat. or Sunday.
Up to you guys.

lucius

I haven't replied yet but put me down as tentative if you need a head count.

missavgp

I'd like to come depending on when it happens.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

charlie

So far we have interest from the following-daworldisblack, Ruber,Jeff1192(tentative), exv152,guck,holly, Lucius ( tentative),missavgp(tentative) & myself. That looks like 5 +3 tentative
.Date proposed Sept.7th
alternate- Sept. 6th
I maybe missing it but I don`t see where I can add a poll, so can we indicate a preferred date ASAP.
Myself - either date works for me

exv152

I'd like to attend the OVAS garage sale too. Might be a bit tight.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: charlie on August 20, 2014, 10:41:03 AM
So far we have interest from the following-daworldisblack, Ruber,Jeff1192(tentative), exv152,guck,holly, Lucius ( tentative),missavgp(tentative) & myself. That looks like 5 +3 tentative
.Date proposed Sept.7th
alternate- Sept. 6th
I may be missing it but I don`t see where I can add a poll, so can we indicate a preferred date ASAP.
Myself - either date works for me

Vote here
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=58365.0

ajm1961

My apologies to all of you for having the Garage Sale on the same date - it just happened to be the only date we could get at Tom Brown's. I realize it is short notice.

I'll try to make it out for the Plantaholic gathering as well.
Again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Andre
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

wolfiewill

I'm in Europe for the month of September so I'm disappointed that I can't be there. Have fun.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain