New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

MAY 25: CLUB ELECTIONS!

Started by ajm1961, April 28, 2015, 07:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George2

Quote from: Jody on May 25, 2015, 11:25:14 PM
       To me, some of our most successful, club building meetings, were ones just sitting around chatting about fish. No speaker, no events, just talking about the hobby. Plus, most people seemed to enjoy the mini auctions every meeting too. A couple of good speakers, a couple local speakers, but lots of good conversation, to me, is most important. Bring out people's passion for the hobby, and you will bring out the people.
      Unfortunately, living where I do now, with no vehicle, I don't make it to many meetings, but always try to take a few minutes with the club members, when I see them at the store.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm happy just listening in on other people's conversations right before meetings start. I've learned quite a bit that way. :) I also enjoy talking to people I meet at fish/aquarium stores. This is what keeps me interested in the hobby and motivates me to experiment and try new things. I feel the internet/discussion forums are very helpful but not a replacement for the social aspect of it. Unfortunately, I am not available on Monday nights so I'm lucky if I can attend a meeting or two each year.  :(

George

Jeff1192

Thanks to this years exec and those who stepped up for next season. Unfortunately with my work schedule and hockey schedule Monday meetings dont work for me so it's pretty rare I can make them anymore. But I still enjoy the one or 2 events a year that I can make it out to.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

charlie

I wold like to congratulate the new Executive for stepping up & thank those that tried last season, especially Andre for the grand time /effort  in steadying the ship even when the personal time was not there.
I would like to urge  the new Executive to really get involved in the projected goals of the club for the season, leaving the workload to one or 2 execs. because it`s outside of your position makes it tough to execute programs.
If you have a task hat you are having issues executing please let your fellow exec.s know right away.
As always i`m available to help to the extent that i can commit.
Errol

charlie

Its ironic that i had a discussion with the Presi elect & present President after the meeting about the very issue of suitability of Monday nights  as meeting night.
To me that is priority #1.

bitterman

Quote from: charlie on May 26, 2015, 08:10:35 AM
Its ironic that i had a discussion with the Presi elect & present President after the meeting about the very issue of suitability of Monday nights  as meeting night.
To me that is priority #1.

No night ever every good for everyone. This has been visited many times and there has never been a good day.. that being said we might get a different group on different days depending on availability. I purposely try to clear monday night so I can attend.

Bruce

Stussi613

If the club is doing 4-5 meetings a year is there any reason they couldn't be done on alternating Monday's and Wednesday's, for example?

I'd also like to thank Andre, and Sylvie who did multiple duties throughout the year - as well as Robert who seems to be staying on and was running Auction Chair and Treasurer.  Its tough to pull double duty and maintain your life and it's appreciated by all the members.
I haz reef tanks.

ajm1961

Thanks Errol, Stu, and Bruce for the kind words of appreciation.
I may be gone from the Presidency but willing to help out when I can. Will work over the summer to get a list of potential speakers for next season so these can be booked ahead of time.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!