New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

C.A.R.E.S. Fish available

Started by Big Als, December 10, 2015, 05:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Als

Hiya Folks,

We have a group of fish from the C.A.R.E.S preservation program available.

We have some juvenile Neochromis omnicaeruleus (regular and OB) in stock now, with the option of getting the parent group brought in.
The parent group is 1 male OB, 4 female OB and 1 regular female, and we would be asking for $120 for the group.
If you are interested, let me know, and I can arrange to have the fish brought in. Pictures can be provided as well. As these are one of the C.A.R.E.S. fish they would be best sold as a group.

For more information on the C.A.R.E.S. program see the site below.

http://www.carespreservation.com/

Thanks
Jody

Jellyanne

:)
Beautiful fish! Love the blotched markings, too bad I don't have a tank big enough for them.
Maybe there is cochlids in my future afterall!
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!

Jellyanne

I was wondering if anyone step up and decided to get the Parent Group?
How much space would they need? is it suitable for something around 50 gallon?
Would a smaller group be possible, such as a trio ?
Jellyanne

Jody

So far, no takers on the parent group.
You could probably keep them in a 50 gallon, just make sure there is a lot of cover for the females.
Ideally, the whole group will go, as it would be a shame to sell them off as a trio, and have a couple of extra females just sold off to whomever..

George2

Quote from: Big Als on December 10, 2015, 05:44:32 PM
For more information on the C.A.R.E.S. program see the site below.

http://www.carespreservation.com/

It looks like this link does not work. I am not familiar with C.A.R.E.S. What is it?

Thanks,
George

Jody

They are currently experiencing problems with their website unfortunately.

C.A.R.E.S. (Conservation, Awareness, Recognition, Encouragement, and Support) Preservation Program is based on the critical and timely significance of Conservation, our Awareness as hobbyists of the issues involved, and the public Recognition of members, offering Encouragement and Support for those who take part in playing a vital role in ensuring a positive future for species at risk. The purpose of the C.A.R.E.S. Preservation Program is to encourage hobbyists worldwide to devote tank space to one or more species at risk, while forming an information network between aquarists, scientists, and conservationists.

Jody

Jellyanne

Quote from: Jody on January 21, 2016, 10:49:08 PM
So far, no takers on the parent group.
You could probably keep them in a 50 gallon, just make sure there is a lot of cover for the females.
Ideally, the whole group will go, as it would be a shame to sell them off as a trio, and have a couple of extra females just sold off to whomever..

I would not split up a group either I was thinking of juvies, I was wondering if the 2F/1M ratio was too low for this particular fish.

I'll try and get more info on what it means to be a breeder part of C.A.R.E.S. program.
Jellyanne