New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Volunteers needed for 2016 Giant Auction!

Started by fischkopp, January 21, 2016, 10:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischkopp

Hi fellow fish nuts!

We are gearing up to our annual Giant Auction, which will take place this year at the Tom Brown Arena on March 13th 2016.

Preparation are well on the way, but we need your help to make the day a success. Like every year we are call out to members and friends of the club to step up and volunteer.

At the auction day we need people for the following tasks:

• Auctioneer - you will be at the center of the action, presenting the item and calling the bids. Latin language skills and a certain knowledge of aquaria are great asset, but if you are cool, open and communicative you will do just as good of a job
  • Runner - you are the backbone of each auction, keep items moving to auctioneer and buyer. It's an healthy alternative to sitting in the audience for a whole day. It's you who keep the day go smoothly.
  • Raffle - you will be promoting raffle ticket sales. People will come to you. Being loud always helps to draw the attention to you. Or you jump on the tables - we leave that to your comfort.

Please contact me or indicate in this thread if you would like to participate for any of these actives.

Cheers,
Robert Hemp
OVAS Auction Chair
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

robt18

A few fun facts:

Volunteering in the auction is FUN
Volunteers get pizza lunch (shhh)
Volunteering does NOT prevent you from bidding on items. In fact, you get an up close look just before it goes up :)

I'll volunteer as an auctioneer again this year. It's the one day a year that people don't get mad at my love for Latin names!

daworldisblack

I'll volunteer again as an Auctioneer too! Last time was fun!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

wolfiewill

Count me in! I'll do a runner or auctioneer. Whatever.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

limmer

Might be Hotdogs instead of Pizza.
You can count me in.

exv152

I'll volunteer to run items, or whatever else is needed.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Jellyanne

I can help out! But I am not good in latin or do I have a loud voice!
But I'll be there!
Jellyanne

Starting over with new tanks and new types of fish!

missavgp

I'm interested in being a runner again this year, but will have to confirm with my husband as the auction is on his birthday this year.

I think I will at least be able to manage a shift or two.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

limed

Count me in also, will need help getting the dogs in the bun. 

Ed

Nienna

Count me in for general purpose whatever needs to get done stuff.

vic622

I should be able to help out as a runner, or with set up or what have you ... :)
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Congo Tetra, Pearl Gourami, Honey Gourami
Serpae Tetra
Bronze & Pepper Corydoras, BN Plecos, Yoyo Loaches

fischkopp

Thank you to everyone who has stepped up so far! We will be contacting you with more details in the coming days.

We are still a little short on runners and could use a few more feet to bring us through the day. So if you are on the fence, don't hesitate.

:)
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Big Als

Hi,
    I will be able to help out part of the day.

Jody

ajm1961

I can help with morning set-up and work as auctioneer until about noon. We have plans for March break afterwards.
Cheers.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

tigger

I can help with morning set up and work as runner. I probably won't stay for the whole day though.
Thx
Dave

Bob_S

I can help as a runner and also with setup if needed.

bob

120g  Yellow Labs, PS Socolofi,  Neolomprologus leleupi , compressiceps Chaitika
30g Albino Pleco's
30g Planted, 10g cherry shrimp

Dxpert

Sorry for the late comment, I can help as a runner. I'll arrive around 9

fischkopp

my fish suck