New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

plantacholics get together

Started by charlie, March 24, 2016, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daworldisblack

Awesome, thanks for getting this together!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

pm

Well, I have missed a few of these, but hope to make it out to this one.  Good timing as I just resurrected my CadLights 11G (45p dimensions).

charlie

The Tropica box arrived today !!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;DThanks Kyle.
It appears one of the bags of soil  broke, i will look at it later.

flyingpancake

So it is Sunday at 11......Continent Buffet......should be able to make it there.............Is it reserved under OVAS?

daworldisblack

Quote from: flyingpancake on April 07, 2016, 11:49:23 PM
So it is Sunday at 11......Continent Buffet......should be able to make it there.............Is it reserved under OVAS?

Under Charlie - See you there!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

QuoteQuote

Neon
charlie
tlc
Holly
Yvonne
daworldisblack
exv152
wolfiewill
Zolta
lucius
tanksalot360
vic622
PM
flyingpancake

14 & counting..........
please quote & add your name:
[/b]

missavgp

I am going to try and make it out as well, I didn't speak up sooner cause I wasn't sure what we had on the go this weekend.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

pm

Hey guys, if any of you are growing micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' and have extra or some clippings that you could share I would be interested in trying it out.  I don't mind growing it emersed first if needed to cultivate more.

Can of course return the favor if anyone is looking for something I have.

TLe041

M
Quote from: pm on April 09, 2016, 01:39:43 PM
Hey guys, if any of you are growing micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' and have extra or some clippings that you could share I would be interested in trying it out.  I don't mind growing it emersed first if needed to cultivate more.

Can of course return the favor if anyone is looking for something I have.

You're in luck. Marc-Andre posted that they just got some in the latest order.

http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=59695.0
Tony

Holly

I have some crypts if anyone is interested, pretty sure it's wendtii red. Not small plants, they are about 12" tall. Also have 3 ozolot sword plantlets I can bring.

Holly

Christmas moss and flame moss too in small amounts.

lucius

I have the following available:

Dwarf Sag
Hydrocotyle Tripartita
Hygrophila Corymbosa 'Compacta'
Limnophila Aromitica
Lindernia India

charlie

Peter I grow it but timing is bad, as I just thinned it out.
See you all tomorrow.
Errol

neon1423

so due to bus issues, I'll be about 30 mins late, see you all later

missavgp

Had an awesome time talking planted tanks with everyone. Thanks for organizing Errol, the new scissors work great for trimming, and thanks to La Niche et Moi for the discount, my new plants look great too.  :)
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

pm

It was great to see you guys... it has been a while for me. Won't be as long next time  ;D

A big thanks to Errol, and to Tropica for the goodies.  I have already put the soil to good use  8)

wolfiewill

Great fun, lots of laughs! Thanks again to Errol and La Niche for their efforts. I had a great time as always.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

lucius

Nice seeing everybody again. 

TLe041

It was great meeting everyone today!

Thanks Errol for setting this up.
Tony

charlie

This has been one of the best Sunday mornings, great food, great fellow hobbyist sharing various experiences,generous discount from La Niche et Moi and a very welcomed offering from Kyle @ Tropica Canada.
Thanks to every one that made my day  ;)
Congratulations to all the winners that benefited from the Tropica goodies bag -
Holly - the planting tweezer,
missavgp - the beautiful S scissors
TLe041 - the Tropica fertilizer combo
4 bags of Tropica`s soil - Rah , PM, thanksalot & lucius.
Someone started a rumour that there is another one in the works with another local store as the feature - stay tuned
Perhaps we cat get Jody of Big Al`s fame on board to out do the others this season, what do you say Jody???