New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

12 gallon long build?

Started by matttimms49, April 20, 2018, 09:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttimms49

Hey guys I picked this up at the Montreal auction. I've always wanted a bookshelf style aquarium but I'm not sure what to do with it now...

I don't really have the space for it upstairs at the moment, the only space I can put it is the basement. But my problem is that I don't spend a lot of time down here. I feel it's too beautiful of a tank to not stare at every day.

With such interesting dimensions I feel it should really be a show tank.
What do you think? Keep it anyways or move it on?

Dxpert

An amazing looking tank for sure.

I've noticed a few people that keep a tank hanging around without water just to try out different hardscapes.

Gilbotron

Awesome tank. I'm very jealous.  If you don't want it, I will gladly take it off your hands (and reimburse what you paid).

Would be perfect for some zippy danios to race back and forth. 

matttimms49

It is a unique tank for sure. I'm thinking of maybe using it to house my clown killifish as I can't see them at the moment on my rimmed tank upstairs.

There has been some interest in it though so I may move it on...

fischkopp

Move it on ... I will take it ... :P

The dimensions lend themselves to do something with flow, lots of it, a nice big power head on one end, with the intake on the other. That should create a nice current, and the are many fish that will just love that. Many elongated tetras, danios, (wheater) loaches, ... the list goes on.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031