New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

help with angel fish stopped eating using medication in hospital tank.

Started by nemo14, March 26, 2018, 07:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemo14

Hello fish friends !

Sorry i just seen this 911 emergency so i moved my post here.

Well i got one of my angelfish that stopped eating and this is the first time in 30 years that i 'v been keeping fish that i need to medicate. Ok this is what i did so far put fish in 10 gallon hospital tank with just an air stone and heater and no filter did a Epson salt light treatment of 1 tea spoon of Epson salt per gallon and i used one pack of API general cure for 48 hours temperature is at 82f. After 48 hours i did a 25% w/c then added another pack of API general cure. she seems healthy as far as i can see from the out side. I think it might be a internal parasite her stool is long and clear so i treated her with a medicated food that i made i used seachem metroplex with focus and seachem garlic gard mixed with blood worms let stand for 30 min then feed a small amount. She ate one or two blood worms and thats it. now my question is how long dose treatment take for her to get back to normal? Like i said she seems to be swimming fine all over the tank but just not eating like her normal self. Any help would be great

Thanks in advance.   

nemo14

Ok just a follow up the female angelfish is once again eating the treatment worked. Took around one weeks with medication and feeding medicated foods. I must say the first time using medications and it works great thanks seachem for a great product as well as API general cure. a much better feeling to save a fish than letting it pass away.

angelcraze

Thanks for the update.  I know this thread is older, but I appreciate good result updates and how you medicated.  Good on you for saving your angelfish :)
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!