New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

SOS Pea Puffer

Started by ksj, May 31, 2018, 03:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksj

My brand new pea puffer that is usually nearly impossible to find in my 90g (I've been calling him Waldo) is currently laying on the bottom against the glass breathing heavily. I think the issue may not enough snails in there. So this is an SOS. Can someone please donate even 5-10 soft shelled snails asap?

Honestly at this point, I'd even take a few live blood worms even though just touching them can kill me. (Severe allergy)
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

ksj

Nevermind. Theres no way hes going to make it. I found two tiny snails and put them and him in a cup and he seems too far gone to care they are there.

Can someone delete this thread?
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

Black_Rose

I had similar experiences with my pea puffers. They were ok for a while, then what I'm assuming were internal parasites took over.
Even with treatment (PraziPro and metronidazole) they didn't make it.

Perhaps if I could have gotten some Levamisole they would have had a chance, but you can't get that locally.

Basically once they stop eating, there's only one outcome.