New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Anything breeding this summer?

Started by Jody, July 22, 2018, 11:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya everyone,
I hope you are all having a great summer so far, still lots of it to go.
  What does everyone have breeding in their tanks these days? Fish? Fancy shrimp or snails? Something else interesting?
My tanks are doing great and I should have plenty to sell and trade at the garage sale and auctions next season.
Right now I have fry from 5 different lines of guppies ( black metallic, gold black metallic, platinum blue grass, grey, dwarf shadow panda), 3 lines of endlers (tiger, Rio morichal, Laguna desert la malaguena) p. Obscura, Rio otapa swordtails, phalloceros caudimaculatus,  xenoteca eiseni,  boesemani rainbows, buffaloheads, bushynose plecos,  a. Nubila, a. Nanoluteus, a. Myrnae, hap. Sauvagei.
I also have a holding female hippo point salmon hap, brevis that had fry for a couple days and are showing signs again, c. Centrarchus that have eggs, rainbow cichlids that are showing signs of breeding behaviour, Cuban cichlids that have laid eggs twice but then eaten them.
For non fish species , I have a bunch of marble crayfish, spixi snails and a few rabbit snails.
I think that is it for now..what do you have?
Jody

Jeff1192

Great idea for a thread!

As always my cichlids are breeding like rabbits. I have been having some issues in my CRS tank and the breeding has stopped for now. But I have figured out the problem and hopingnonce they settle into the new tank they'll get breeding again.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Black_Rose

My panda cories are breeding quite well this year.
Last summer they produced three babies.
Since April I've found four small ones, and found two more fry yesterday.
There may be more, but they are wise and stay among the swords until they get big enough.

k1ng

I finally have my blue bolts producing a decent amount of babies right now but thats it.

Jody

Excellent to hear k1ng,  black_rose, and Jeff! Great work. I hope to see some brought into the club this season!
I had a bit of a surprise today. Went downstairs and had a small shoal of caudopunctatus fry swimming around and a few brevis poking their heads out of the shell.
Jody

nerdRVT

Thousands of zebra danios... every week :)

I'm just getting back into it, but I'm thinking of trying my hand at Bettas again soon. Starting small!

Box Jockey

NerdRVT,
I absolutely love Zebra Danios! They were the first non-livebearer I ever raised.

The Poecilia cf "obscura" (Originally M. minima) I picked up at the auction this year have finally produced fry! I'm thinking it took so long for them to breed because I'm keeping them in a unheated tank (19C)?
"You can't run from me! Oh, you *can* run from me! You keep surprising me." -- Tamatoa

sniggir

hey all so far this is what we got! at least till reno's are done at the end of summer!
yellow labs galore
tawain reef close too 200
hap ali 25 (new group just started to produce)
Nyerie these guys are rabbits we have close too 300
still waiting on our Brichardi, Accie, German reds, and masoni reef too get happy :)
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

Jody

Wow! I am glad to see so many people with breeding fish!
I would love to see everyone out to the events next season bringing and trading fishes!
Jody

ksj

I'm trying to breed my beautiful male betta but hes a jerk and terrorizes the poor female I got him.
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

Gilbotron

Yellow Micariff Guppies.  More than I can count!

If anyone looking for any please let me know.  Should be big enough to sex them within another month or so...