New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hi again

Started by Eric, November 03, 2018, 04:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Hey everybody,

I have been away from OVAS and tanks for a few years... like 8 year... gulp.  How can that be? 

Anyway, I was always more of a member online than in person and I didn't know too many members.  I live in Kingston which was complicating.  I did make a few meetings and the auctions of course.  I was happy to buy supplies and fish sometimes through the classifieds on my trips to Ottawa.  And I always thought the forum was excellent! 

I am shopping for my first tank once again, probably a freshwater planted tank and I am thinking a 50 short.  And I am hoping to be back online semi-regularly.  Hopefully it will all come back to me! 

Cheers,

Eric

matttimms49

Hey Eric,

Welcome back! Glad you are coming back to fish keeping and it great time as the livestock auction is coming up in a few weeks!

A 50 gallon planted tank sounds like a nice project. Do you have any beginning ideas for the types of plants you want to try?

Eric

Funny you should ask... that is just what I am reading up on these days.  I have had low tech planted tanks in a former fish room with florescent lights above, or even a DIY CO2 pop bottle.  Mostly stem plants from the LFS, vals and lots of crypts.  This time I am hoping for more of a showy tank with a proper canopy, lights and more dense plants.  I am just checking out what lights or tech are needed for more medium to high light plants.  So I am reading away!