New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Back after Hiatus!

Started by bettabreeder, January 06, 2019, 12:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettabreeder

Hello everyone!

I am finally back after taking two years off from the hobby! I had a CO2 tank dump while I was away for school that killed off most of the inhabitants of my tank a few years ago. While I was away my T5HO light died out completely too so I decided to shut my 20g Long down while I was away. I am finally in the home stretch of my second degree and will be spending time more frequently in Ottawa so I just had to start up again. I bought a new LED light for my tank while I was roaming around Critter Jungle. Managed to grab some plants too but realized just how rusty I am with plant names. I guess the old mantra of if you don't use it, you lose it is true :P
Well, I am hoping to be more active in the community again and looking forward to catching up with some old friends!

Take care,
Bettabreeder aka., Brendan

charlie

matttimms49

Good to hear you are getting back into the hobby. What light did you pick up? I'm sure people would be able to help id the plants, if you post pictures. :)

bettabreeder

I went with the fluval aquasky led. Still looking for a perfect colour balance to promote plant growth and I need to get CO2 when I'm back permanently. I'll create a seperate post in the plant section for help with ID's.

matttimms49

Awesome, I haven't used the aquasky version but have used other fluval lights which have worked well for me. :)

daworldisblack

Quote from: bettabreeder on January 06, 2019, 12:06:17 PM
Hello everyone!

I am finally back after taking two years off from the hobby! I had a CO2 tank dump while I was away for school that killed off most of the inhabitants of my tank a few years ago. While I was away my T5HO light died out completely too so I decided to shut my 20g Long down while I was away. I am finally in the home stretch of my second degree and will be spending time more frequently in Ottawa so I just had to start up again. I bought a new LED light for my tank while I was roaming around Critter Jungle. Managed to grab some plants too but realized just how rusty I am with plant names. I guess the old mantra of if you don't use it, you lose it is true :P
Well, I am hoping to be more active in the community again and looking forward to catching up with some old friends!

Take care,
Bettabreeder aka., Brendan

Welcome back! Good to see you on here again :)
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

sas

Welcome back. Look forward to seeing your light and tank setup.