New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Discus....

Started by wading_in, April 29, 2019, 11:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wading_in

Hey everyone looking for advice/opinions.

This summer I'll be setting up a discussion tank, I've been searching online for quality discus suppliers.  I know Big Al's selection, I'll be checking out La Niche when I can get out there but I am wondering if anyone knows if a local breeder? I've contacted a seller on Kijiji called Extreme Discus but see zero reviews regarding quality and health, anybody have experience with them?  Really just need some direction on best option.  Prefer local and don't want to pay $$$ for shipping etc.... Thanks for your help!
To place importance on ones self over the lives to which we are charged is to fail completely in our mission.

Saphirra

I don't know much about discus but I was at extreme discus and his fish look amazing.  I got 2 angel fish there.

They are huge, their colour is outstanding.  They make the few I have seen at Big Al's look tiny and dull.  Again, I know nothing about them.  This is just an observation.

The guy seemed very knowledgeable able was helping me troubleshoot some issues I was having.  He seems to genuinely care about helping people in the hobby.

Hope this helps.

wading_in

So I ordered 3 discus from la niche.  Amazing service and super friendly PLUS he delivered to my door, can't travel at the moment so very helpful.  The discus are healthy and beautiful.  I'll be going back for more
To place importance on ones self over the lives to which we are charged is to fail completely in our mission.