New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What did you all get this season?

Started by Biulu, December 28, 2023, 10:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biulu

Many of us have fish related items on their wish list for the holiday season. What did you end up getting? What was planned and what wasn't?

I will start off: the only item on the list were stick on tiles for the backsplash in the fish room.
The rest was pure indulgence  :P :
Pseudomugil paskai
Trichopsis pumila
Badis ruber
cherry shrimp
Corydora hastatus
Echinodorus tenellus
Cryptocoryne balansae

And a new 20 gallon long!

Jody

Nice list!

All I got is a glass top for 90 gallon tank I am planning to buy in the next month or so.

Of course, I did buy a bunch of stuff in November, so I didn't have a ton of room for new things..

Jody

Biulu

Quote from: Jody on December 29, 2023, 07:27:45 PMNice list!

All I got is a glass top for 90 gallon tank I am planning to buy in the next month or so.

Of course, I did buy a bunch of stuff in November, so I didn't have a ton of room for new things..

Jody

Yes, I guess several people got themselves an early Christmas with the auction(s).

Gowalkitoff

I picked up a few more ember tetras to add to my school, a small group of golden tetras, a hillstream loach, two Oto cats, a rainbow goby, and a red badis.

Biulu

Quote from: Gowalkitoff on December 30, 2023, 02:21:26 PMI picked up a few more ember tetras to add to my school, a small group of golden tetras, a hillstream loach, two Oto cats, a rainbow goby, and a red badis.

Nice! Good variety of fish. Let me know how the golden tetras do for you; I found them to be aggressive.

Gowalkitoff

Quote from: Biulu on December 30, 2023, 11:52:52 PMNice! Good variety of fish. Let me know how the golden tetras do for you; I found them to be aggressive.

I did too! A bit nippy and too flashy in my peripheral vision. I kept the 4 a friend gave me, but returned the purchased ones. Now, the remaining 4 are humbled down and staying close to my embers!

TheNorthernAquarist

Nice! Glad to see what everyone has been getting. I've recently had the itch to get some plecos and the opportunity came up to get some Zebras (L046). All in all very excited to have them.