New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Giant Auction Volunteers

Started by Jody, January 31, 2024, 01:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hi All,

With the auction coming up in just a month and a half, we are looking for a whole raft of volunteers to help out. As mentioned at the meeting, we can use all the help we can get.

Please post below if you are willing to help out, and what capacity you would prefer, there is a short description included. 

Cashiers - 2-3  needed - this involves taking the bags from the recorders, taking payment and giving change to the winner.

Auctioneers - 4 needed - this involves auctioneering of items, and communicating with the runners.

Runners - 6-8 needed - this involves making sure that sold items are taken from the auctioneers, and given to the recorders.

Recorders  - 3 needed - this involves taking the bags from the runners, and making sure that lot numbers and sale prices are marked down. This information is then given to the auction chair.

Raffle Ticket Sales - 1 needed - this involves selling raffle tickets, and giving instructions on how to use them.

Kitchen - 2-3 needed - this involves selling chips, pops, and whatever other foodstuffs that we decide on for the day.

Set up/organization - 2-3 needed (any volunteer can help with this) - this involves making sure that tables and chairs are properly set up for the action. As the auction goes on, they can help move items/table to the front for auctioneering.

Greeters/Entry table - 2-3 needed  - This involves minding the table, getting people their bidder numbers, door prize tickets, and taking the entrance fee.

Assistant to Auction Chair - 1 needed - this person will help out the auction chair with whatever they need.

As I mentioned, any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jody

lucius

It should be added that the Giant Auction will take place on Saturday, March 16th. 

It will be held at Woodroffe United Church.  Their address is 207 Woodroffe Avenue.  For those taking the bus, it's about a 10 minute walk from Carlingwood Mall.

Also to note that Ontario March Break is March 11 to 15 as someone mentioned on the OVAS Facebook page.  Unfortunately WUC had limited availability on dates.

Jody

Hey All,
 We are still looking for lots of volunteers!

Jody

FishDish

Hi Jody,

I will help.

What are the start/end timings?

P.

Aquaviewer

Hi,

I can assist with Auctioneering or any of the other jobs.

Chris
Rainbows, plecos, corydoras, killifish, Apistogramma

Gowalkitoff

I am sorry I can't attend or help. I am swamped with school and other commitments. Have fun!

Jody

Hi FishDish,

The we are doing the set up for the auction at about 9 am, and then the auction itself will start around 10:45.  It is hard to say when exactly it will end, as it all depends on the turn out that we get.

Thanks for everyone offering to volunteer, I have added you to the list.

Jody

charlie

FYI , you can still participate as a buyer while volunteering, so don't let that deter you from volunteering  :P  :P

Kalemh

I can volunteer for wherever you need me!

charlie

Can all volunteers who have signed up to help set up , please show up for 8.00 AM to start the set up. All other volunteers should be there for 8.30 AM.
There is still a need for more volunteers.
Thanks for your assistance

jetstream

Put my name down for setup and runner. ;)

Jody

Great, thanks.

We are looking for someone that can help out in the kitchen. Unfortunately, one of our volunteers had to bow out.

Thanks
Jody

limed

I should be able to help a little, runner, move the bags to the auction table
as other year. 

Ed 8)