New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Dinner with the Speaker

Started by Jody, March 18, 2024, 08:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hi All,
    For anyone interested we will be having dinner with our speaker, Frank, prior to the meeting on the 25th.

Likely, we will be looking at about 5 pm - 5:30 meet up so we have time to eat and get to the venue.

We will be going to Montana's on Merivale Rd.

Let me know so that I can make a reservation.

Jody

Biulu

Jody, the Monday meeting hasn't been announced yet on this site? I guess that many people, just like me don't know who Frank is? I was lucky to have a club member that told me who Frank is....

charlie

Our speaker this  month is no other than Frank Aguire

Frank has been a tropical fish enthusiast since the age of five. He began by helping his mother raise pond goldfish in his homeland of Mexico. He set up his first aquarium at age seven. By the age of ten, he became an assistant at a small aquarium shop. During his teenage years, he learned the techniques and "secrets" of breeding from master breeders in Mexico City. In preparation for his career choice as a biologist, he went to the Polytechnic College in Mexico to study aquaculture. He then pursued a bachelor's degree in Biology. His ultimate academic goal is to obtain a Masters Degree in Ichthyology at Guelph University.

His life has been dedicated entirely to the study of fishes, with particular emphasis on reproduction and genetics. After publishing many papers and articles in a variety of magazines, Frank's next project, a book on tropical fish is a logical step. His repertoire varies widely in topic, ranging from the common to the unusual. As the president of Acuaprof Inc. Frank is now fully integrated in to the aquarium business and supporting the hobby trough his activities as member  and President of the Canadian Association of aquarium Clubs CAOAC

Biulu

Yo estare Jody! (I will be at the dinner)

limmer