New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Monthly meeting

Started by Sailfin, January 16, 2006, 05:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie

That sword is beautiful, I wish I could grow sword plants.
What is the topic of tonights meeting?

Julie

darkdep

Oh really?  (slashes Mike's tires)

Quatro

Quote from: "darkdep"Oh really?  (slashes Mike's tires)

What's that?? Do I hear your basement flooding again?   :lol:

Mike S

garnpet

Quote from: "darkdep"darn, I'm so bidding on that.  How high is it?

The leaves are around 24 inches high, given that my tank is only 20 inches high it was causing some problems.  Although my tank is rather bare right now, at least I can see the fish again.   :lol:
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

artw

Tonight we are showing a video.

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: "artw"Tonight we are showing a video.

Awww, not "Finding Nemo" again...  :lol:

Sailfin

For items that go unsold.........are we allowed to go buy at the starting bid offer after the auction?   Quite a few items went unsold last night.

Nelson

I believe you can personally negotiate with a seller after the auction is over or once an item offered has been removed from sale because of a lack of interest, or if the reserve bid has not been met.

darkdep

Quote from: "garnpet"
Quote from: "darkdep"darn, I'm so bidding on that.  How high is it?

The leaves are around 24 inches high, given that my tank is only 20 inches high it was causing some problems.  Although my tank is rather bare right now, at least I can see the fish again.   :lol:

I have to say, that plant was really impressive.  And WAY too big for me to bid on :)

BigDaddy

Quote from: "Sailfin"For items that go unsold.........are we allowed to go buy at the starting bid offer after the auction?   Quite a few items went unsold last night.

Actually there were significantly less "not sold" items this auction compared to the last two.

clouxles

I wanted that plant... now I have to grow my own... :cry:
Mark D.
210 gallon 3 Ornate Bichirs, 1 Dhelezi Bichir, 1 Rope Fish, Black Ghost Knife, Royal Pleco, Fire Eel, Clown Loach, BN Pleco
125 gallon Elephant Nose, Rainbows, Gourami (Pearl - Blue) Plecos (BN & Clown)

Go big or go home... no more MTS for me

darkdep

I wanted the rocks I got robbed of because I wasn't paying attention :)

Nelson

Some time ago someone was looking for rocks and I offered to bring a pail full to the meeting to give to him.  The problem is that I didn't recall who that was and since I wasn't approached, I returned home with unwanted rocks :?

PaleoFishGirl

There's got to be a better way to get in touch with people we are supposed to meet at the meetings but don't know.  Maybe a couple of minutes after the break set aside for people to stand up and say they are looking for so-and-so?

darkdep

Ok, well, for future reference:  I'm ALWAYS looking for more rocks.  Anyone who wants to get rid of em at the meetings, I'll take em :)

repeej

Quote from: "darkdep"Ok, well, for future reference:  I'm ALWAYS looking for more rocks.  Anyone who wants to get rid of em at the meetings, I'll take em :)

ditto.....i hate this time of year.

all the free rocks are covered in 2 feet of snow.  :(

Sailfin

I wanted that pleco and wasn't paying attention.   :x

BigDaddy

Quote from: "darkdep"I wanted the rocks I got robbed of because I wasn't paying attention :)

Hey, you snooze you loose!

A coworker got a pair of F1 Red Zebras last auction for a buck... someone else was also punching themselves because they had wanted them too.

darkdep

I'm not holding conversations during the auction anymore.  :)

mseguin

That's what we're hoping for :-)