New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Latest Peacock Pictures

Started by 328iGuy, May 19, 2004, 12:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

328iGuy

Well my order came in last Friday from Quebec Cichlides for my Male Ngara Flame Tail, Male Mbenji and Male Usisya so I thought I Would share some pictures.

My large male Baenschi shown in the pictures is the "King" chaser currently with the female Baenschi currently holding from him.

Male Ngara Flametail, Mbenji & Baenschi

Male Baenschi

Male Fryeri

Male Fryeri & C. Moori

Male Ngara Flametail, Mbenji & Usisya

Male Usisya

kashif

328iGuy, I love your pics!  Do you have any pics of your tank? I would love to see your tank setup...

328iGuy

Quote from: "kashif"328iGuy, I love your pics!  Do you have any pics of your tank? I would love to see your tank setup...

Thanks Kashif.  I don't have any recent ones, but I will try and get some tonight and post them soon.

Stevie

Excellent!!!! What camera are you using to get up that close?

328iGuy

Quote from: "Stevie"Excellent!!!! What camera are you using to get up that close?

Hey

I am using a Canon Powershot S400.

Nelson

HI..I have the same camera but haven't taken pics quite as good as yours.  Are you using "auto" or manually setting up.  If manual, what settings did you use?  I'm assuming you didn't use a flash.  Great fish BTW

ambushman2j

what are the differences between that one and the canon powershot a40?

Stevie

Good question. I also have a Canon A40 and my pics are no where near as clear!

ambushman2j

I find mine tend to turn out quite dark, and then when I process them onto my computer they darken even further, some of them are completely black, if I use a flash it's too bright and if I don't it's too dark

artw

Drew try playing with your exposure setting.  at the next OVAS meeting ask me to introduce you to Michel.  he is a professional photographer and takes pics of his cichlids all the time   as you know I have an A40 but I never take photos of my aquariums

328iGuy

There are many different areas to taking a photo such as aperature, shutter speed/exposure.  The S400 doesn't have all the manual features that the A40 has so you have even that much more of an edge, however the S400 was rated as a crisper picture but not by much.

I shoot my pictures in manual mode and adjust the white balance and ISO depending on the room lighting and whether or not I am using a flash etc....

artw

In my experience with the A40 in general, not specifically relating to fish.
it tends to underexpose stuff when it flashes especially if you are close up.   I was trying to photograph a wet piece of anubias on wood from about 3 feet away in the living room with artificial light (normal light levels for a room) and got terrible pictures.
I put her in P mode and bumped the +EV up to around +2 and did something else (I forget what) and they turned out beautifully.

A.

ambushman2j

I just use the settings you told me to last time I asked this question lol I have to find the camera heh, I haven't taken any pics after I lost all the pics I took since I got it when my HD had to be formatted..a lesson to back up your important files regularly

artw

you interested in selling that 512mb CF of yours?

ambushman2j

328iGuy

Quote from: "ambushman2j"CF?

CF = Compact Flash

artw

lcoates

Okay the pic's are awesome, I am so mad at myself,  the fish are amazing, I was debating on putting in a order with you, I really should of, please let me know when you are going to order again. Do you know where in Quebec they are located? It might be worth the drive. Thanks

328iGuy

Quote from: "lcoates"Okay the pic's are awesome, I am so mad at myself,  the fish are amazing, I was debating on putting in a order with you, I really should of, please let me know when you are going to order again. Do you know where in Quebec they are located? It might be worth the drive. Thanks

Hey

Well they are located on the North shore of Montreal, just a little over 2 hours from Ottawa.

If you work out the cost of shipping though at $35 and you pick it up at the bus station on Catherine St. It's much more efficient that way.  They were EXCELLENT guy's to deal with.

I will more than likely be making an other order very soon as I just bought a 100 gallon complete setup last night at Big Als so will need to get at least a FEW more new guy's! :)

I will let everyone know next time I order, if not let the guy's at Queec Cichlides know that Matt from Ottawa referred you and they will be sure to take good care of you guy's, I told them about the great hobbyists we have here!

ambushman2j

just curious, what high school did you go to 328?

328iGuy

Quote from: "ambushman2j"just curious, what high school did you go to 328?

I went to South Carleton, but graduated YEARS ago!  Yourself?

ambushman2j

Pius, I was just curious because I knew someone by your exact name was wondering if you were the same person graduated in 97

328iGuy

Quote from: "ambushman2j"Pius, I was just curious because I knew someone by your exact name was wondering if you were the same person graduated in 97

Ah ok...nope not me :).

Stevie

Enjoy the new tank!  MTS can be expensive!

328iGuy

Quote from: "Stevie"Enjoy the new tank!  MTS can be expensive!

Thanks a lot.....just finished setting it up, now to add the rock!

MTS???

Stevie

Multiple tank symdrome - sadly, it affects all aquarium hobbyists.

328iGuy

Quote from: "Stevie"Multiple tank symdrome - sadly, it affects all aquarium hobbyists.

Oh yes yes...already had that before this tank ;).