New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Auction Labels/Procedure

Started by Nelson, May 28, 2004, 09:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelson

I plan on offering a few items at the auction on Monday.  Can someone tell me what the procedure is generally and do I make up my own labels etc.  I noticed at the last (and first) auction I attended there was a coding system used for the auctioned items.  Can you explain please.  Thanks for your help.

gvv

Cannot say about coding system, but labels provided by art for the Feb auction can be found here: http://www.ovas.ca/bridge/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=334

Nelson

Marc

Hi Nelson,

The labels which Art provided are optional labels that provide you with a place to display useful information about the items you are selling.  If you want use them please do so.

For a mini-auction you need to number all of your items. Write your item number directly on the item or on a label that you affix to the item.

Your item numbers should start with your initials.  So if your initials are NN then your items would be numbered NN1, NN2, NN3 and so on.

You should also prepare a list with your name, phone number and a list of your items showing the item number and a short description of the item.  You can download a sample list at File Download / Upload (http://www.ovas.ca/mod.php?mod=fileman).

If you want to set a minimum price for an item write it on both the item and on the list.

When you get to the meeting, place your items on the the tables on the far side of the meeting room and hand in your item list to the OVAS Auction Chairman (that would be me) at the Executives' table.  Please make sure to introduce yourself. :)

Marc

Nelson

Fantastic Marc, much appreciate the guidance.  Will follow your instructions explicitly!!

artw

Just wanted to add that it is going to be a big auction!   We didnt have one in April.  and since this is the last auction until September......   I think there is going to be a lot of stuff. I'm bringing some fry.