New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

19 Healthy Aulonocara Baenschi Fry

Started by 328iGuy, June 02, 2004, 10:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

328iGuy

Female Baenschi spit 19 healthy fry last night.....currently in plastic fry case in my 20G growout tank.

Anyone interested once they are of size to travel, let me know!

artw

would you trade for some maisonis? I have a bunch of guys that are about 1/4" now.
what is the pedigree of the parents?  my maisonis are F1(G1) parents from CRLCA

328iGuy

Quote from: "artw"would you trade for some maisonis? I have a bunch of guys that are about 1/4" now.
what is the pedigree of the parents?  my maisonis are F1(G1) parents from CRLCA

I would definitely be interested as we discussed before.  The pedigree of the male and female are both F1 on my side as well.

I have pictures of the male on here as I am sure you have seen before, not sure if I have any pictures of the female.

Do you have any pictures of you're fry and breeding male?

When are they available?

This is my male:

Let me know!

artw

come on over and get the fry tonight if you want
I have about 20. they are typical aulonocara
if you want to see what a male maisoni looks like ask Lynn hers is really nice.

328iGuy

Quote from: "artw"come on over and get the fry tonight if you want
I have about 20. they are typical aulonocara
if you want to see what a male maisoni looks like ask Lynn hers is really nice.

Unfortunately I dont think I will be able to make it tonight.  I have sent Lynn a couple of PM's but she is not responding :).

I want them though..... :)

lcoates

I actually sent you a long winded pm on Sunday night, if I remember correctly I explained that I bought about 13 Maisoni fry from Art they where only 1/4 inch at the time, they all did great, I did loose 4 or 5 only to my hurry to put them in my 120g, but the rest are great. I live in the east end if you would like to see my Maisoni.
I am very interested as well in your fry, let me know if you have any left after Art takes his order. Thanks Lynn
( Maybe there's something wrong with our PM's only to each other, who knows)

artw

for the record Lynn is very good at growing out fish.  I was shocked :o when I saw my maisonis and ob estherae and how big they were.

lcoates

Hey Art thanks being a newbie that means alot. I set up my CO2 pop bottle tonight , seems to be working, although I guess I really can't check. To confirm was it 2 cups sugar, 1/2 tlbs yeast filled with water?

328iGuy

Lynn

I would love to get a single large male Maisoni from you, just sent you a PM.  If possible?

You can take some Baenschi fry as well......

artw

maitre007

What's the deal on the fry?  Any left.

328iGuy

Quote from: "maitre007"What's the deal on the fry?  Any left.

Actually I am sad to say that I lost them all, I have no idea as to why as parameters were all fine.  It was after a water change and over a couple days they all died and after that my female yellow lab died, the only one in the tank to live was my female Baenschi luckily.

I have since redone the tank and hoping for another batch in the next month.... :(

Bal

Sorry to hear you lost the fry and lab. I've heard of this happening sometimes after waterchanges and it makes me a little nervous, especially when we dont know why it happened.
What kind of water conditioner do you use? I had always used Aqua Safe, but I wasnt sure if it got rid of the ammonia that is left after the chloramine is neutralized? Once I checked my tap water and got a reading of .25ppm and this was after a water change that showed an ammonia reading in the tank immediately afterward so I tested the tap water.  
I just started using Seachem Prime, as it is supposed to take care of ammonia as well. Its a little tricky to measure for small tanks, but I feel a little safer using it.

It must have been very disappointing for you to lose them!

Bev

ambushman2j

ehh..I measure nothing, I drain a bunch of water, then fill it up and whip in some aquaplus..never in 2 years have had a problem with this method..my fry seem to do great, even without a heater in one of the tanks

gvv

As I remember only one fish was not really "satisfied" with tap water without adding conditioner - stugeron. It took them less then 2 minutes and they were dead. All others feel fine even without it, if not more then 20% of water changed.