New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS site

Started by bishop, April 01, 2006, 04:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bishop

I would like to thank OVAS for such a great site and all the people who have the people who have put so much time into it.
After looking at so many poor sites it is nice to see one so well done.
Regards
bishop

s0me

Quote from: "bishop"I would like to thank OVAS for such a great site and all the people who have the people who have put so much time into it.
After looking at so many poor sites it is nice to see one so well done.
Regards
bishop

Welcome bishop! Thanks for the compliments, the guys/gals here really do work hard to put it all together. Enjoy your time here :)

lucky777

Best forum I been on and I've been on many.  Love the classified section and there seems to be lots knowledgable people with great information to help someone out.  However there is lots of people on here that think they know to much and leave smartass comments that help no one.

groan

Ditto,
I am so glad i found this place!
it's much nicer than Aquahobby.com. they are too big and have no 'feeling' any more, but they do have some nice photos...

This place has more of a home feeling to it.

AND you dont have to be a member of the OVAS to be welcomed. THAT shows how great a place this is. the members dont look down on thenon members...or maybe you just didnt know i wasnt a member...now you'll probably throw egs at my house and spam my email...sigh
;)

gvv

Why are we blocking the acces to our site from out of Canada? I'm on the business trip outside the coutry and I cannot get in (yes I know the ways to get into, but would preffer to use normal access).
Regards

darkdep

From what I understand, there are blocks in place due to certain former members; they are there to prevent said users from getting back in.  These blocks are being reviewed as part of our site revamp.

Troy

darkdep
Quotesite revamp

Care to elaborate? :?

darkdep

The site is moving to a new forum software; in addition there are a ton of new features in the works, such as:

- A newly expanded articles section
- Live chat
- A MUCH more useful homepage
- Lots of fun toys

To be released....soon.

pegasus

Please add two new sections to the forum:

1- Here's pictures of my tanks seious request!

2- Post that don't say much.... like:
   Have you seen this
   Help

darkdep

Pegasus:  The pictures of my tank request is granted...a great idea that would benefit everyone for sure.

Troy

Is the forum finally going to expand a little?

I would love to see things get a little more defined.   :)

Two or three new forum parts?  :D

CryptKeeper88

the chat will be great to get advice right away instead of waiting a bit on the forums .do you guys have a date set when all this is going to change?

sarahbella

Quote from: "pegasus"Please add two new sections to the forum:

1- Here's pictures of my tanks seious request!

2- Post that don't say much.... like:
   Have you seen this
   Help

Since ppl are posting their requests ...

I'd like to see a breeders log section of sorts.     We had this section in one of my plant forums and i liked it a lot.   Very useful.

artw

re:  forum additions:  We will be maintaining 3 "main forums" Aquatic Discussions, Classified Ads and The Lounge,  as per the old OVAS forum
as well we have added an OVAS Announcements/Events forum and a Website Issues/Suggestions forum.

The new software is nice,  very nice, you guys will love it, it is lightyears ahead of this software. it will absolutely revolutionize OVAS's Web presense.